Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Porto

[Image: Porto.jpg]

hi toad

what are they doing?

uuhmm

christian

Interesting shot! The post processing makes it look somewhat like computer art. I think it would make a nice poster or ad with some text on it... Big Grin

i like it, nice framing by the walls and lots of visual interest to keep my eyes roaming- without distracting from the overall 'look'. Big Grin

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Ace composition; really allows the viewer to explore a whole series of narratives and characters. Great; a real storyteller of a shot.( I realise this is not the critique arena...why did you do the solarisy thing...?)

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:Ace composition; really allows the viewer to explore a whole series of narratives and characters. Great; a real storyteller of a shot.( I realise this is not the critique arena...why did you do the solarisy thing...?)
To enhance the texture on the walls...maybe its overdone, though.

Very cool Toad,
A great little experiment, and a fantastic image to use it with!

I agree with Schell and Zig.. there is a lot to explore in this shot which gives it a lot of interest.

The effect might be very un-subtle, but that's part of its appeal. What little amount such an overcooked effect might lose in aesthetic appeal, it certainly gains in provoking interest.
It reduces the image to a collection of colours, shapes and their relationships to each other. And the fact that two of the shapes are human figures injects mystery and a hidden story into the image.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Thanks Kombi! The original image is quite mysterious as well - and not that much different than the final (other than the pp). I was walking down a street in San Francisco - looked down a passageway and saw this - whipped up my camera and snapped it without a second's hesitation. Other than the texturing and simplification the biggest post processing change was darkening the human figures - already silouetted (sp?) in the original, and straightening a monstrous tilt in the horizon line (that's what happens with 1/4 sec composition times).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Sep 28, 2008, 14:31