Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

one word: Canon!

So I finally finally made my mind up and bought the canon 100mm macro!

I haven't had a chance yet to do any macro work with it, but went to china town today and watched the guys in a park down there playing their chinese chess game. It was freezing cold, but very worth going there. Most of them are really nice people and greet you with a smile, even when you show up with a big camara, most of them don't mind.

here is just one of the many shots of their faces I got.

Enjoy!!

And of course, all channels open for critique, I need it.

uli

[Image: the%20chinese.jpg]

actually, now I am kind of in a mood, here is another one. At f/2.8, the DOF is really shallow......Smile

[Image: the%20other%20chinese.jpg]

and just one more....

[Image: the%20third%20chinese.jpg]

uli

hi

i think the last one is just perfect, it could be even a cover for a book.

great stuff

thanks for sharing

christian

The last one is terrific. Do you have any of them playing thier game?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Congratulations, that's a great addition and the photos are great.

I added a macro lens to my collection at the start of this week, and now I'm wondering why I waited so long. (They weren't selling it a month ago, for one thing.) They give a different way of looking at the world.

Good news: there's an assignment thread for toy photos a few forums over, and they're great macro subjects.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks for the compliments guys Smile Smile

matthew, what did you get? I couldn't decide tamron or canon forever, eventually kind of figured I just had to GET one and I would be happy. worked for me Big Grin

it was hard to get good shots where you could acutally see them play, as they were all sitting around a small table and I was usually watching from second row and had a hard angle to get their faces. even more so as it was very very cold and everyone was wearing hats and hoods (see the guy above).

but I kind of like this one:

[Image: game%20board.jpg]

enjoy Smile

uli

hi

great stuff you are doing,

just a small sujestion, think about a picture storie, a secquense of photographs. the old man playing (the game) maybe some shot of them arriving or chatting to each other and sitting. having tea on the break. laughing, smilling,looking,
you really have something here

christian

wulinka Wrote:matthew, what did you get? I couldn't decide tamron or canon forever, eventually kind of figured I just had to GET one and I would be happy. worked for me Big Grin
The one you own will always take better pictures than the one you don't. In this particular case, though, I think you made the right choice. It's a legendary lens - even I know about it - and the results I've seen from a photographer friend are outstanding.

I had an easy choice. Olympus only makes two macro lenses, a 35mm F3.5 and a 50mm f2.0. I've been wanting the 50f2 for as long as I've had my camera, but it's a major purchase. A month or so ago, they introduced the 35f3.5 at half the price, and I bought the first one I saw. It's a great little lens, super sharp, and weighs nothing. Best of all, (like yours, but unlike the Oly 50f2) the magnification goes all the way to a true

[Image: nlyjj5.jpg].

(That's a 100% crop of my laptop screen, straight from the camera.)

...there will definitely be a macro assignment in the future.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Uli,

congrats on the new lens.............your shots look great the third portrait would have to be my pick.

I also like your last shot of the game. I think Byrt's suggestion would be interesting.

cheers

I'll go back for more pictures as soon as the snow has cleared Smile will try to make more of a series.

thanks for comments and suggestions everyone!!!

Hi Uli,

Glad you were able to get the Canon and looks like you have made a good choice - love to see some macros of course Smile

Canon stuff.

Yay! Congrats on your purchase! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by caveman
Mar 19, 2016, 14:18
Last Post by caveman
Mar 15, 2016, 14:03
Last Post by caveman
Mar 2, 2016, 04:19