Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

They're Coming home soon!

Can't wait for the geese to come home. I shot these last fall, before they left, with the 70-200 f/4. Enjoy! Smile

[Image: Urban-flight-8.jpg]

[Image: Low-gliders.jpg]

[Image: Urban-flight_2.jpg]

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

These shots are just excellent. Overcast skies create such perfect lighting.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Niiiiiiiice!! #3 is my favorite, the geese stand out so much, it almost looks 3D.
wonderful.

they don't actually go away here, but stay in central park, I guess with lots of food from tourists and the harlem meer rarely freezing over.
so I took these shots the other day

not as nice as Janika's and I had a problem with the kit lense and AF, but to add another perspective:

[Image: IMG_2161_cr%20copy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2211.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2251_cr_cr%20copy.jpg]

uli

They are super photo's, I cannot get anywhere near the clarity and resolution you get. But hopefully it won't be long.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thank you for the comments and feedback. I like that angry one Uli, Canada geese can get very possessive and territorial. Smile

Stunning images Janika. Great capture of moving subjects. Where were they taken?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Smarti; I shot these in a near-by park, last October.
Place: near Ottawa, Ontario province...

Awesome shots of the birds in mid-flight!

Can't wait till they get home too - make sure you post more when they do! Big Grin

Thank you S.T. I am also looking forward to other birds like wood ducks, Red-wings, Robins, Cardinals and Blue Jays! Wink

Love the shots , and i will tell you when i start seeing them headin your way. Waterfowl is my thing . I do i have to say thanks for not calling the Canadian Geese ( they are Canada Geese ) .

The " local " geese are REAL bad here so i get to enjoy them year round , and do plan on getting some good shots of them . Hope they are as sharp as yours ..

Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thank you Drake for the comments and feedback. I can't wait to see your photos! Truth is, these small, resized images don't do no justice for these shots. You should see them on my 19-ich CRT monitor in full screen. You can almost feel the wind! Smile Cheers...

John

Fantastic job Janika Smile

The lighting and colours are great in all of them, but I also like #3 as my favourite.
The 70-200 f/4L is a lovely sharp lens, but it takes skill to shoot moving targets like this and maintain focus, and you've certainly nailed them here. Big Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Thanx Kombi; I used servo metering on all these, but the 200 is still too short for birds. Fortunately the geese are large and loud! Big Grin Just got a new Canon EF 100-400 iS L last months and now waiting for Spring birding season to come! Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 24, 2017, 18:39