Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

If they decide to fly...

... run for cover. Big Grin I took these today and seeing how I haven't posting anything lately. I thought it was quite a large gathering.

[Image: gulls-012-web.jpg]

[Image: gulls-003-web.jpg]

[Image: gulls-010-web.jpg]

[Image: gulls-006-web.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I really like the simple geometry of #2 and #4.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Very cool Peto.

It would have been a bit of a tough scenario too with the water and jetty - its not like you could come at them from different angles or get closer to them without scaring them off.

I think the bird on top of the pole on the RHS of the first photo needs a starting pistol in its hand - the other birds look like they are lined up for a race! Wink

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

#1 and #2 are definate keepers. I feel like this is a scene from "The Birds". Any second they will fill the sky with a rush of wings and possibly malevolent intent...Anytime you see hige potential energy like this in a photo - the subtext is kinetic - what will happen "if they decide to fly...".

Looks like you've got your ducks lined up! Big Grin

I really like the compositions you've chosen.. the lines work really well and the symmetry of the poles, wooden dock and the birds all compliment each other. It's hard to pick a favourite .. i like them all. Big Grin

Thanks fella's. I don't really think there's every anything too exciting about seagulls but there was soooo many of them I just had to stop for a couple shots. Anyway, they did decide to fly and lucky for me they stayed over the river. That still didn't stop me from making a quick sprint to the truck. Big Grin

[Image: gulls-016-web.jpg]

My flickr images

hey like these Peto, good series. Man they sure know how to take over. Next time take down some fries (chips) you will get some great action shots. It would be like a scene out of the movie birds..........:o

Russt Wrote:hey like these Peto, good series. Man they sure know how to take over. Next time take down some fries (chips) you will get some great action shots. It would be like a seen out of the movie birds..........:o
Thanks Russ. I've seen some McDonalds parking lots like that.Big Grin

My flickr images

What in the heck s going on with my multiple posts? I suppose its possible that I might have hit quote rather than edit - but twice?

Hm... dunno... maybe you hit quote by mistake, then submitted it twice? Big Grin

Anyway, fixed... Big Grin

Toad Wrote:What in the heck s going on with my multiple posts? I suppose its possible that I might have hit quote rather than edit - but twice?
Big Grin Funny. I thought you were trying to say something. I just couldn't figure it out.Big Grin

My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jul 9, 2005, 22:58