Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WAMi Opening Night - Fremantle WA

I had the opportunity last night to take photos at the opening night of the WAMi festival. For those who don't know it’s the Western Australian Music Industry week to showcase and award those in the Western Australian music industry. This was something a little different to what I normally do, since I am used to photographing DJ's in clubs, so the live music was a nice change of scene.

Rest of the night can be found @ http://wami.perthseen.net/

Comments would be great, along with any tips for next time.

Cheers

J
[Image: wami.06_005.jpg]

[Image: wami.06_008.jpg]

[Image: wami.06_014.jpg]

[Image: wami.06_021.jpg]

[Image: wami.06_023.jpg]

hi

strange enought i was just reading something on the sunday times

great stuff, a bit magenta from the lights. are you shooting digital or film? if you shoot digital becareful with the laser lights as it damages the sensor!!! not many people knows that.
not very fond of the full lengh shot (pix1)
may i ask why did u cut the heaqd off? (pix 3) uuhmm could be use as a background image.

nice site...hey you even have a forum...hey pretty girls too!!!!

take care

christian

Thanks for the comments.

Pic 1, yeh I am not sure about that one either, but thats why I put it up for comments.

Pic 3, thats the way I took the pic, not cropped direct from the camera.

I like them Smile the colouring and composition.

All great shots but I find it a shame about #3. Can I suggest a tighter crop to focus more on the hands? As is, I am strugging to see a face. Great stage shooting.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hey you should keep it up - these pics are good!

My favourite are the guitar pics (since I'm a guitarist - I'm biased)... the closeup of the guitar playing is cool, and the photo of the rock kid has a good sense of atmosphere and lighting.

I liked #3 Smile
focus was on the guitar and playing, so didn't really want/need to see the face, although when looking at it just then, I think the white buttons seem to create a line which cause me to look up where the face should be, but it's just my guess and no issue! Smile looks good to me

Yeah I'm with Adam here.. I like #3 as it is too! Big Grin

But all of them are great shots Jordan. Great atmosphere and colour, and I can't really choose a favourite - I think they work really well together as a series (and I like #1 too).

I didn't realise Kiss my WAMi was on at the moment (or have they renamed it now?). Its a shame I'm sick, I'd love to go check it out; to take photos or just to listen and watch.

You'll have to keep us informed if you are doing more shooting there Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

great series jbman, I enjoyed them all well done........as ST said keep at it!!!!

nothing like live music........and you have captured the feeling

cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Feb 10, 2017, 17:01
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Oct 27, 2014, 08:46