Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kids 2!

Well, i feel a little ordinary after seeing schell and smarti's shots of their subjects...... but here we go.

Today was a combined 2nd and 3rd birthday party for my close friends daughter Alethia ( 3yrs old) and his nephew Hayden (2 yrs old). It was a very enjoyable afternoon watching the kids interact with one another and the other adults. It's interesting now looking at a photography point of view what you see and don't see ....so to speak.

The two shots (ISO 200, available light... sorry about the grainyness Sad ) below are my 2 favourties for the day, i can't explain why, but they each have there appeal due to the expression shown and the innocence and enjoyment of it all. The lighting was quite interesting also as it was late in the afternoon and the sun was filtering through quite a leafy tree in the background. Enjoy!!!!

Steve

[Image: 2006_02250032.jpg]
[Image: 2006_02250038.jpg]

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Thanks for sharing Steve. Kids are such great yet challenging subjects...
Isnt it great how kids that age have a ring of food around their mouths 90% of the time.
How much longer must we wait until photoshop has a "remove chocolate gunk from child's mouth" button???

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

LOL @ smarti!! Yes!! That is what I need!!
What a pretty name, Alethia, I love it!

The lighting in the second shot is lovely and warm, it gives that 'summer afternoon' feeling. They are both total cuties! Thanks for sharing

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Jan 3, 2014, 17:17
Last Post by shuttertalk
Mar 15, 2012, 20:06
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Feb 8, 2009, 05:36