Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #19: Macro

Beautiful entries in this assignment...
I like them all Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Not quite a macro, being only about 1:4 magnification. Some real macros to follow, I promise.

[Image: 109887080_33d73f1239.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

A few more that I took, and then saved in the wrong folder and lost for a week:

[Image: oe-parking-ticket-600-9593.jpg]

[Image: oe-snail-600-9582.jpg]

[Image: oe-chip-600-9567.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I thought that this shot would fit in here.

[Image: Doing-the-ironing.jpg]

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I have been playing around with a borrowed Sony H1 for the last few hours and here's a semi-macro shot that doesn't displease me too much.
[Image: kakh1.cigar3.jpg]

water droplets on a leaf. shot with a fujica plastic camera and a home made macro lens (salvaged some plastic lenses from my daughter's toy telescope.)

[Image: macro%2008.JPG]

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Some macros I worked lately.

[Image: IMG_6087-Edit.jpg]

[Image: img_0850.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Hm, i think i'll chuck this one in the ring.

[Image: DSC03895.jpg]

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

[Image: daffs.jpg]

Macro setting on my little fuji. The sun coming through a window on the left. I could have gone in closer, but the bunch looked nicer.Tongue

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I saw your picture when you posted it and I forgot my comment.... :/

I like very much your picture NT, specially the color and light. Sometimes the yellow is so difficult to get it right. I like very much the shades of yellow you have here, and I think you did great composing and considering the whole bunch. It looks great.... Smile

Here is another bee I took in the fields long time ago. I just found it and worked a bit on it.

[Image: IMG_8592-Edit-2.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

This is actually a fairly old one, I took with a close up filter. Sometimes I like the small depth of field, sometimes I wish it were larger.

[Image: macroflower2small.jpg]

One of the test shots I did when I got my reverse lens mount adaptor; a canadian quarter. Not the most artistic shot, but i was totally impressed with the level of detail.

[Image: DSC04104small.jpg]

And, another bug shot. This time a Praying Mantis.

[Image: prayingmantissmall.jpg]

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

nice pictures

Don't have a proper macro lens, but here are a couple using my Canon 300D's 17-55mm kit lens, turned around backward:

[Image: IMG_3668-small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3667-small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3666-small.jpg]

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

Sometimes I am a little hesitant to post ... I feel such an inferior photographer comparatively... but here goes nothing.

[Image: bee4f.jpg]

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Dec 12, 2016, 17:26