Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ahrensburg Castle, Birds (6 images)

Hello everybody! It's been a while... We've been to Ahrensburg today, and came back with some shots. It seems there are a lot of birds around the castle. Smile

The Ahrensburg Castle (this is actually a tone-mapped HDR image from three exposures)

[Image: img_9440-hdr-px.jpg]

The Castle Bridge

[Image: img_9563-01.jpg]

Black Cormorant

[Image: img_9603-01.jpg]

Heron

[Image: img_9493-01.jpg]

In Flight

[Image: img_9507-01.jpg]

Waterfowl

[Image: img_9677-01.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

guerito, that first image looks not of this world!!!!!....... the castle looks manacing set against that background.......... quite amazing Wink

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Amazing shots G. The sky in the first is very dramatic.Smile I also like the Heron shot very much.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice ones. My personal favourite is #5. I don't have words to comment this one, but I definitely like this one!

The brooding sky in #1 really makes the shot - very nice. Also like the activity in #2.

excellent shots G, love the castle, the backdrop of trees,sky and how the castle stands out! thumbs up!!

nice shots.

I feel like most of them could use a tighter crop. granted, I am a big fan of tight crops, and you don't always have to go as tight, but I like to have one subject really standing out.

Or maybe you need a more tele lens for what you are doing....Smile Smile

[Image: img_9440-hdr-px_cr.jpg]

[Image: img_9493-01_cr.jpg]

[Image: img_9677-01_cr.jpg]

[Image: img_9507-01_cr.jpg]

[Image: 77_img_9603-01.jpg]

Nice Heron shot and the first one with that barock style castle is just so cool! Thanx for sharing with us...

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Hey G... good to see you again!

I love the shot of the herron - very nice portrait of the bird.

I like the castle bridge too... the flying birds add a nice touch!

Thanks for the kind words, all of you!

@wulinka: I'm not quite happy with your suggested crops... I used to crop rather tight some time ago, but somehow I've changed. Now I mostly like my pictures better when they show things in context. Also, I don't make the pics for a 640x480 resolution, they usually have 8 megapixel (3200x2300 or so) and show a lot of detail in sometimes unlikely places. I do crop for composition reasons, though, trying to follow the rule of thirds sometimes (for example, in the black cormorant shot, or in the last two pictures). On humanitarian grounds, I'd almost never cut off the legs or feet of a live being when cropping. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Good to see your stuff again...hey, who's been busy then! (where did wulinka's flag come from!)
Now, I most definitely DO like that HDR combo: very nicely done; I can only guess what a hard copy version of it would look like.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

guerito Wrote:On humanitarian grounds, I'd almost never cut off the legs or feet of a live being when cropping. Smile
yeah, I wasn't too sure about that. It was a nice shot to start with!

flag???

uli

Hey G,
Nice to see you back again!

Lovely shots. I agree with SG about the first shot. It looks very other-worldly! And I don't mean that in a bad way, but there is something about that shot which looks kind of unnatural, yet not. Its difficult to pinpoint and it pulls me in to look closer which is great! Big Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 3, 2016, 10:22