Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sea urchin

I went for a walk today with the kit in tow. The idea was to get some shot that illustrate the effect of the wind on the water and plants etc, show some movement. Unfortunately the shots I took I am not happy with........I had something in mind that did not turn out, anyway I learned for my mistakes.

To make a short story long while I was out I came across some sea urchin shells.........I did not take much time with shooting them as it was not why I was there. I wish now I did because these grab shots were the best of my day! The composition is not all that good but I like them anyway. I have tried a few different crops only to like them how they are.....:/

[Image: sea1.jpg]

[Image: sea2.jpg]

[Image: sea2mono.jpg]

Russt, i love the colour contrast in the middle shot, looks lovely Cool Tongue

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Wow, beatiful shots! #2 does it for me - it has the pop factor.. Big Grin

Such a myriad of detail too... I think it would be very nice blown up on a wall. Lots of stuff there to appreciate...

thanks for your comments SG &ST. The second shot was taken with my 50mm prime the first was with the 18-55 kit. Had to do very little PP, I fact I could not do much with out the cooked look.........so I guess I got it right. :/ Big Grin

I think you did pretty well with the composition, in particular #2. That combined with the colour makes it my pick Big Grin

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I agree, you surely got it right; number 2. A good representation too of the merits of a nifty fifty; I find the kit lens only goodish at a couple of lengths and apertures...makes a good, er, "soft focus" short tele at the long end(mine doesn't have the ability resolve blemishes very well I suppose!)

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Wonderful shots, I like #2 best, too. The colors and tones are lovely. Makes me wonder what these shells would look like through a macro lens... Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I like the colours of #2 also. These are cool.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hey; I do like the color versions, Interesting creatures. I guess they're no longer alive?!

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Thanks again all..........looks like #2 gets the vote, somehow I knew that would be the case Wink

Janika, your guess is right. Its just their shell after they are long gone. HERE is a link with a little more about them!

Quote:Makes me wonder what these shells would look like through a macro lens...
I wonder too, I only thought about that after I viewed the pics at home. I should have taken them with me, maybe something for the macro assignment??