Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Field Day

On Saturday, for many reasons that I won't depress you with, I spent many hours in this very large field.
Whilst there, I found myself taking several personal photo-challenges, including this one of shooting pretty much towards a westering sun just to really see how the Tamron 90mm did in that acid-test of a decent lens: a flare-trap with low-contrast.
Just to really mess my head up I shot a series and stitched them together.
This babby is one of the results, the full version of which measures 7500 pixels along the base of a 35MP image.
As the sky was a whiteout(had to do it because I wanted to retain tree detail), so I did in software what I used to do with glass(lazy!) and added a warm-up and grey grad.
I couldn't face the wait by attempting a HDR, as I'd have had about 90 shots to mess about with just to come up with this one!
I was very pleased also with some results from my wideangle lens, having finally realised that it does a sharp job at around f8; they're colour(whoooo) and I'll post a couple in a day or so.
(As a P.S., at a 350% crop the number plate of that jeep is clearly visible..but I really can't be bothered to prove it, so don't ask!)
[Image: h_90mBIGweb.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Again, your superhuge shots amaze me... do you have a gallery of them somewhere? I still think you should use those cool flash viewers such as ipix or zoomify that will allow people to pan and zoom into the detail in all it's glory...

You've done well with the harsh conditions, it's a very nice image indeed.

p.s. what were you doing in the large field..? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jinko
Oct 19, 2012, 15:54
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Aug 23, 2008, 19:01
Last Post by Janika
Jul 27, 2008, 20:59