Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 more 10-22 wideys

This time I chose a horizontal format(actually not my usual preference).
I embraced retina-burnout and shot directly into the sun for the first, as I wanted a twighlighty feel, though I kept it in manual as I didn't want the foreground detail darkening out.
I think burnt out highlights are OK here: it is the sun after all![Image: w_flareBWweb.jpg]
Here I opened out to 20mm to capture the curves:[Image: wide1COLweb.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

im a sucker for wide angles

love it

I love the smooth curve of the hill in the second one, it really shows of the depth of field (literally).

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Ta!(honestly missed the chance of the depth of field pun: arf!)

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Hey I really like that first one Zig (the mono one).

The nuclear explosion that is the sun is lovely, yet doesn't prevent the viewer from looking around and finding detail in the rest of the image. A really well balanced exposure with no nasty flare. But the long shadows and detail in the sheep are the real reward in this shot though.

I'm not sure if its the quality of light or types of grass where you shoot or your PP techniques Zig.. but the tones you consistently get out of the ground of your shots are beautiful and quite unique I think. They tend to have a smooth velvety feel without looking at all artifically induced, and the fact you often include gentle rolling hills increases this feeling. The shape of the landscape as a whole can remind me of sheets being blown in a breeze or gentle ripples on calm water. Both these shots are good examples of this.

The second shot has nicer contours to the landscape I think but it perhaps needs something more to hold the viewer's interest (the sheep, house and fence are all a bit far away to be considered subjects here), but the first shot really does it for me. Great. Big Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I like your black and white pictures Smile
the one with the sheep on the hill is nice, with the bright angel appearing Tongue haha

Actually, Adrian, most of it is just walking and waiting for yonks, looking like a weirdo, getting frozen rigid to try and get the right light!
Adam; bizarre that you mention the angel, as I had a, er, sorta vision of one standing on a hill over my local town(next hill along from this one) with a sword in hand last year.
Finding 3 wise men in Stroud might be tricky though!

I would of loved to see the first one in color, but nice WA shot regardless! Wink

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Zig Wrote:Actually, Adrian, most of it is just walking and waiting for yonks, looking like a weirdo, getting frozen rigid to try and get the right light!
Adam; bizarre that you mention the angel, as I had a, er, sorta vision of one standing on a hill over my local town(next hill along from this one) with a sword in hand last year.
Finding 3 wise men in Stroud might be tricky though!
Or a virgin.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

nt mate, if you can't find anything appropriate to say, try wiping your shoes before walking in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Dec 7, 2009, 07:46