Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Snapshot from the new camera (finally)

Well I've had the new camera for a couple of weeks, but the weather here's been dismal so not much has been shot. Mostly its all been around the house, though we did spend some time out in a churchyard this week. As I'm totally wrapped up in redesigning our church's website and sorting out a server upgrade for a batch of MP3s I've been asked to put on there I've not had much time to do anything photographic. I thought I'd just resize and upload one shot to let you know I'm back in the land of photography!

Natural light, ISO400, f7.1, 1/000th...Popster!

[Image: 56731814.jpg]

Jan

Nice light!!

remind me again, what camera did you get now?

yes i agree with wulinka

so much details too...

thanks for sharing

Sweet. If it hadn't been so sharp, I wouldn't have said give her eyes a wipe.Wink
I'll guess at a she, and say she's lovely. Lovely shot.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

congrats on the new camers NN, love the pic!

Lovely light, dog and photograph Smile don't you love new toys?

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your comments on this one.

Wulinka, the camera is a Canon 20D.

NT, yes, she's a she...Poppy, who despite being nearly three still gets called "Poppy the pupster (silly variant of puppy)", which is frequently abbreviated to Popster. That's her when she was younger in my signature photo.

So far I'm really pleased with the camera, but looking forward to testing it out some more. I'll try and find time to upload a couple more from it later.

I'm very pleased with the lens, too (Canon EF 24-105L). Although I can share some of Rufus' lenses I really need to have at least one to call my own (and to prevent too much fighting over who's using what, whenSmile ), and I made just enough selling the Pentax gear to buy the 20D body and the 24-105, so though I might as well start with something good - it'll be a very long time before I can afford any more though!

Jan

Popster indeed! Very nice pic NN...

Cute, adorable and homey are other adjectives I'd use... Big Grin

What a cozy shot. The little begger looks pretty cute.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
May 23, 2016, 07:12
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 29, 2016, 03:03