Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Walking away

Some of my friends have told me .... never be affraid of experimenting... Big Grin

I have been working with this idea and post processing for few days and with some other pictures... I like the outcome in this one, I think it looks kind of different... However I would like very much to know what you think...

It is an HDR image with post processing in PS afterwards...

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

[Image: DSC_2816-01HDRbridge.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma, that is awesome in my honest opinion Cool .... the tonal effect gives it a real post-apocalyptic feel to the scene........... i love it.

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Thanks a lot!! Smile

You gave me the word... post-apocalyptic... I will call this treatment like this... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Your image is great. Very different to say the least. You certainly are getting some great results lately.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Under the road, on the bridge the little dots. Is it noise? If so it does not look like it does under normal colours.
It blends in with the photo. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great work Irma, It looks great.

hi

i realy like what u have done to it, i like the contrast of the reds with the whites and greys.

nice

Thanks... You are very kind... Smile

This picture remind me of a comic strip that we had in the nespaper in mexico years ago....

NT, the part of the bridge was totally black so HDR image came out very noisy...

I have worked with another pictures and it is indeed an interesting idea... Smile

Paul Cezanne

i really really like this one , the color is different ( in a good way ) .

....Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks a lot for your comment Shawn ...

Everything started with this picture... I think it also works fine with this treatment...

[Image: DSC_1128-01HDRorangtractor.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

really like the post processing it has that IR feel to it. I think it fits your subject well........the title works for me too Smile

This last photo looks like art Irma. Well done!

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I had the same remark about the noise on the bottom of the bridge in the first one, but love the look of e. g. the cars in the forground. and the second one just rocks!

So how do you treat them?

uli

lovely thoughtful processing Irma - it gives both photos a certain feel.

It also looks to me a bit like the images have been beaten or etched into copper.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

WOW , i like it too . The PP makes it look like a drawing like a comic book. Very nice again!!

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I love the way those clouds billow up. I have mixed feelings about the color. Maybe a darker color like a deep brown would be better.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your comments Smile I am really very happy you found interesting the pp... I want to try more and refine it... Smile

wulinka... As every picture need different treatment it would be difficult to say how I do it... I just think what I want and play with ps until I get it...

Don... Thanks for the idea... I work a bit with this same picture and I got this... I will try with some other pictures and subjects...

[Image: DSC_1128-01HDRbrowntractor.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

I'm sorry I'm such a dummy, but I just "werde nicht schlau aus" or can't make much sense of this whole HDR thing:
does that refer to the settings or the format when you are shooting, or is it all about the post processing?

When I asked you how you treated them, I meant: is this originally a RAW file? Or some special HDR format?

and what do you have to do in PS? Do you use special plugins?

I have tried to do some googleing on this, but it seems to be assumed everywhere, that everyone knows what HDR pictures actually are.... Or is everything that has a dynamic range beyond my sensor's captoring capabilities an HDR?

It would be fantastic if you could talk about it a bit more in general. or send links. I found this link, where the author talkes about some formats an plugins, but not about what kind of picture you actually take...

uli

I'm sorry I'm such a dummy, but I just "werde nicht schlau aus" or can't make much sense of this whole HDR thing:
does that refer to the settings or the format when you are shooting, or is it all about the post processing?

When I asked you how you treated them, I meant: is this originally a RAW file? Or some special HDR format?

and what do you have to do in PS? Do you use special plugins?

I have tried to consult google on this, but it seems to be assumed everywhere, that everyone knows what HDR pictures actually are.... Or is everything that has a dynamic range beyond my sensor's captoring capabilities an HDR?

It would be fantastic if you could talk about it a bit more in general. or send links. I found this link, where the author talkes about some formats an plugins, but not about what kind of picture you actually take...

uli

I can't beleive I haven't commented on this thread - must have been when I was travelling. All these photos are superb.

Uli,

About what an HDR image is I can give you some links ...

G wrote a HDR Howto

The Luminous landscape has a very interesting tutorial Photoshop CS2 HDR. I like this tutorial a lot...

Photomatix is the program I use most of the times to get my HDR images.. But there are a lot more programs and plug ins that generate HDR images...

flickr has some groups as well HDR, TTHDR and HDaRt these two last ones just started... they don't have much information at the moment...

But just to have a quick comparition about what HDR treatment can do with your picture... Here you have the picture of the tractor without any HDR treatment... The red hue you see here is just part of my pp I was working on...

~~

Thanks Toad for your comment, I really like this post processing a lot...

Paul Cezanne

thanks a lot irma!
that's a great thread from gurerito.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by alastair_hm
Mar 15, 2007, 02:06