Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I think it'd be best

If I quit.

I dont want anyone to tell me I shouldnt.
I'm just concerned that bad feeling, (in any direction), may grow again, so before it gets a foothold I'm off.

Bye folks, at least for a while.

Be good.

Regards to all,

R.

Cool

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:If I quit.

I dont want anyone to tell me I shouldnt.
I'm just concerned that bad feeling, (in any direction), may grow again, so before it gets a foothold I'm off.

Bye folks, at least for a while.

Be good.

Regards to all,

R.

Cool
TTFN gorgeous.

If you're weary of a place it's sometimes good to have a change, then pop back from time to time even just for a lurk. That's what I've always with message board and mailing lists ......... but I still feel part of that community, even when I'm 'resting'.

Take care, doggins.

Pol
xxxx

Sort of what I was trying to say. Maybe Rufus has outgrown the band and is stagnating. But that is up to the man. Smile Polly seems to have the right idea.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of anything,
but Rufus, every forum needs people like you who aren't happy with the status quo, who aren't afraid to speak their minds even if it means bad feelings.
I have been that person on other forums, but have never come close to being banned for my outbursts.
While I may be unpopular because of what I have said, my comments have also stimulated debate and kept site traffic moving briskly, at least for a while.

You seem to want this place to be more honest and intense, insofar as critiques vs praise.
If you leave, then Shuttertalk loses that outlook, and may become even more "friendliest..." than it already is.
That can't be good for anyone.
Your opinions, and your right to disagree with how things are, belong in a balanced society.
We would all lose something without you.

Look around at some other forums, maybe you'll find one more to your tastes.
But don't forsake Shuttertalk in the process.
That wouldn't make sense.

Ah c'mon Rufus. I promise I'll be meaner and more critical if you stay...

See ya the next tiome around Rufus, don't let it be too long Smile

Don't worry, when we hear the scratch at the door we'll open it for you. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hope to see you around soon Rufus.

God bless,

Chris

Canon stuff.

The door's always open to you mate... our favourite JRT. Big Grin

Rufus,

I won't and can't ask you to stay, but think you should know that I (and I'm sure I am speaking for many) always much appreciated and respected your comments.

It would be unfortunate if some of my pictures contributed to your view of this whole place being one of mediocrety, I am aware my work is not perfect, but I am here to work on that. So I kind of see where you are getting at, talking about a bit too much back-patting. I remembered the discussion we had in this context just before Christmas, when we talked about commenting on other's work. And I wonder if that in some way increased some of the - I don't want to say: unjustified - back patting.
Certainly people here don't want to discourage anyone, and maybe we all have to work on our taking on critique, so everyone can feel free to say, I really don't like this, or at least as much as "This is really not to my taste...".

On the other hand, we are all here to improve our skills, and I have to say that I don't find it entirely fair to point out one particular person who has done well over the last months, and discard everyone else's effords.

So I hope to see you back some time, and hope you'll feel like you can say what you think on this forum!
there are a lot of people here who will be glad to have your honest feedback and learn from you!

All the best, Ulrike

Rufus, also for NN,

I don't know what links, books or tutorials you might have for CS or CS2 but you might like to have a look at the following links and tutorials whilst you're taking a break from the board.

First link - the CS2 learning centre with some nice quicktime movie tutorials.

Second link - always has a selection of good quicktime tutorials from Russell Brown (a Senior Creative Director at Adobe). These one as assume some previous knowledge and understanding of PS but there are usually some excellent ones to be found there.

Pol