Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I won tickets!!!

I called in to Rock 101.1 today and won 2 tickets to see Queen with Paul Rogers along with the dvd the making of A Night At The Opera. Woohoo! Cool

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Wooohoo! Do we get to come along too? Big Grin

Rock on, Dude! Is Paul Rogers (Free, Bad Company) now singing with Queen?

awesome Peto that will be a great night...........I would love to go, this is one of the classic bands from my school days!

Congratulations Smile

Are you planing to take pictures there? It would be great!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Toad Wrote:Rock on, Dude! Is Paul Rogers (Free, Bad Company) now singing with Queen?
Yes. They will in fact be playing some Free and Bad Company tunes.

Irma Wrote:Congratulations Smile

Are you planing to take pictures there? It would be great!! Smile
Not likely. Cameras are not usually allowed at concerts.

Just for those who are not aware, Paul Rogers lives in White Rock B.C. Cool

My flickr images

envy.... enjoy!!! and take pictures Big Grin

Petographer Wrote:Just for those who are not aware, Paul Rogers lives in White Rock B.C. Cool
I did not know that - maybe I've passed him on the street a dozen times and not recognized him. But then, he probably doesn't recognize me either...Big Grin

Petographer Wrote:Just for those who are not aware, Paul Rogers lives in White Rock B.C. Cool
I did not know that - maybe I've passed him on the street a dozen times and not recognized him. But then, he probably doesn't recognize me either...Big Grin

Is there an echo in here?

... in here ... here ... here....

Seriously, Peto` -- you won two tickets. Which one of us are you taking?

Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:... in here ... here ... here....

Seriously, Peto` -- you won two tickets. Which one of us are you taking?

Big Grin
You had your chance Mathew. I'm sure Q107 gave tickets away before they played at the Air Canada Center. Wink

My flickr images

i never win anything Tongue, i hope you have fun.

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks Shawn. Just got the tickets today. Front row seats 3&4. Cool

My flickr images

Nice.

Hopefully they don't have any of those kids from American Idol on stage...

...the horror...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:Seriously, Peto` -- you won two tickets. Which one of us are you taking?Big Grin
Well, as it turns out, it was me. I got the last minute call, and had no problem squeezing it into my schedule.

The concert was surprisingly good - exceeded my expectations. The band was tight. The 2 remaining members of Queen were supplemented by Paul Rogers (Free, Bad Company) on vocals and 3 sidemen. A nice full sound highlighting May's guitar work. Rogers was a surprise because he integrated into Queen's sound much better than I expected. The band also played most of the Free/Bad Company hits. The 2nd half of the concert was better than the first - mainly because Roger's pipes seemed to limber up some.

Biggest light show I've seen recently (possibly ever). Good sound - an aged, but rockin' crowd. A great time was had by all.

Thanks for taking me, Colin!

My pleasure Toad. Smile

My flickr images