Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fire n Ice Tonality

While I was out at Britannia Park last Sunday night and had a conversation with this old man, I was trying to capture the sunset, one shot at a time, every minute or so. Here is just three of them, not to bore you too much.
The dark pieces of floating objects on the water are pieces of ice.
Enjoy and comment as you wish!

[Image: April-092006-030.jpg]

[Image: April-092006-031.jpg]

[Image: April-092006-032.jpg]

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Wow. stunning. Are they straight off the camera? Or did you have to do a lot of editing?

the first one is my favorite.

uli

Uli, I did some crop, resize and rotation as I can't hold my camera straight, still! Big Grin Also cloned out some small spots in the air that were birds in the distance.

I like your shots from this day - very stunning sunset with ice. I am interested in what they would look like if you also experimented with some alternate croppings and compositions. I worry when I do a shot with central composition that the viewer won't look at the edges.

My favorite "moment" would be #2 - it has the most atmosphere.

Excellent shots. I also like #2.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanx for the comments guys, Hope you click on the images to see the size I posted?! Smile I also like #2 the best...

Stunning sunset. The reflection in the first looks great. I agree that the second one is more powerful with strong rich colours. The three together shows an interesting range of colour and light. Thanks for sharing.

Isn't it frustrating how quick the sun disappears once it touches the horizon.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Thanx Smarti; I was standing on the Pier and taking shots like 1/min Wink

Janika, I said in your other post that I never get tired of a good sunset..........wow you didn't dissapoint these are all great!! Smile I will have to say #2. I would like to see some other crops or comps but having said the I really like the center comp on these. I think its funny how for me anyway that my natural instinct is to center the subject.......

again well taken!

All are beautiful, indeed.... #1 is my fav here... I love the reflection of the sun, the layers of colors/textures and the composition... Eventhough the sun is centerd the horizon is not, and you have some gradient color in the sky and interesting forms in the bottom...

Great series Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanx Russ & Irma, I had a fun filled outing last Sunday. Tomorrow I am heading to London, Ontario (7-hrs drive) where I am hopping to capture some city-scape shots, if weather permits.

Cheers ....

Whoops, I thought I commented on this one already...
Anyway, the colours are just gorgeous, as the others have said, and your horizon is nice and straight and i love the added interest of the patterns the seaweed makes, fantastic stuff!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanx Schellamo, but that floating stuff on the water is ice! Smile

Number 1 just works - it really is beautiful in its simplicity.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by adam
Aug 21, 2018, 02:20
Last Post by kNox
Mar 23, 2015, 04:30