Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mary Mouse 2

I went to Portsmouth yesterday with my daughter - we took a boat trip around the harbour - this is one of many shots I took.

A great place for many interesting photographic opportunities.

The ship is an old lighthouse that has been converted into a bar for the visitors to a marina there.

I thought it was such a nice shade of green.

[Image: green.JPG]

Nikon F55, Pentax K100D, Panasonic Lumix FZ20, Olympus OM1.
Darkroom Dweller.

[Image: mm%20full.jpg]

here's the MM2 in full (apart from cutting the top off - not bad in choppy waters!)

Nikon F55, Pentax K100D, Panasonic Lumix FZ20, Olympus OM1.
Darkroom Dweller.

It is a great green. I liike the first crop the best, but its also nice to see the whole picture.

Neat! Looks like they took the Warnemuende Leuchturm (lighthouse in north-east Germany) down for this :-)

[Image: leuchtturm%20warnemuendec%20copy.jpg]

I like #2. Good stuff. Smile

Uli: tilt!Wink

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

naaaaa, i know, I just quickly stuck the shot in here because the resemblance really struck me.
It's funny with this one, a shot of exactly this light house was runner up in a bbc photo competition last year. I keep coming back to it....

Hey cool ship Bish!

I can appreciate it's quite difficult to take a nice photo of a ship in port - very limited angles and no control over things in the forground. Your photos are great.

I wonder why they chose green? I can imagine it would stand out against the sky and sea and rocks, but I'd think there would be better colours to pick. Like bright orange for example. Wink

[Image: IMG_2862.jpg]

I took this photo of the antarctic research vessel "Aurora Australis" when in port in Hobart last year. It's amazing how it screams for attention while in dock because of its colour, as I'm sure Mary Mouse 2 does too!

Can you imagine these two ships side by side, near Uli's lighthouse? I think my brain would explode! hahaha

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Mar 30, 2010, 19:50