Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MY 16 yr old and her 1st nature shot

OK give me some feedback, this was taken by my 16 yr old daughter without any reccommendations from me or her mother....its kinda plain but i love the color! The old butterfly on a flower![Image: butterfly.jpg]

Too much pink, It's knocking my eyes out. The butterfly kinda looks lost. I don't remember what my photos were like when I was 16.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Yes, the pink of the flowers seems to bleed into the other flowers so there isn't much definition to them. She must've been pretty quick to catch the butterfly though

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

For a first effort by a 16-year old... this is great! She should be proud of it.

I look back on some of my first steps into photography, and would've been happy to have taken that shot (and I was much older than 16 Big Grin).
I agree that the pink is very in-your-face, but I guess that's the point. The butterfly is great because it rewards the viewer for looking further into the shot. A blanket of flowers like this needs a subject in front of them to keep the shot interesting. Together they form a background, not a subject themselves.

She's done a great job. Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Sep 18, 2017, 16:52