Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hey batter, batter... swing!

Let me know what you think of the picture in general and also my post processing. Thanks.
Here's the original:/

[Image: 59_original.jpg]

Here's my edit Cool

[Image: Hey%20Batter,%20Batter,%20swing%20edit.jpg]

Great Capture, nice job of cleaning it up Smile

Great job! Definitely more pop... distracting elements are gone, image is sharper overall and colour is good. Big Grin

Very nice cleanup. I am a big believer in removing distracting elements from photos, and you did a great job.

hi

great job...but i would go one step futher and blur the father/trainer as he is more in focus.

thanks fro sharing

christian

Thanks, everybody. It definitely was not the easiest clean up job.Tongue But I think it was worth it.

Something like this?

[Image: Hey%20Batter,%20Batter,%20swing%20edit2.jpg]

BTW, Christian, father is the one behind the camera.... I don't know who that guy is behind my son, but it was too daunting to try and take him outBig Grin

Good job and photo. I'd suggest a bit of crop from the left. This will get rid of some empty space and also eliminate some of the processing that is visible. Also, with the blur of the dad in back, it is a good idea but when you blur you can't just blur part of him. You need to look at the depth of the image. Start at his feet and blur the entire image from that point back. This will also help to reduse the visible cloning that has been done.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great photo, and I love the editing you have done. I would leave the space on the left (gives somewhere for the ball to go once the boy has hit it) and if you could, I would pull back a bit on the mans blur, it looks a bit too much.

I absolutely adore the look of concentration on your sons face, its a winning picture!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanks everybody for your kind and constructive comments. I think I am going to stick with my first edit and leave the man behind my son in focus. He's just as focused on the ball as my son is, so I think it works just fine. I do like the negative space too. Thanks again.

Hi Phlip - Thats a classic photo and you did a great job removing the chairs and people on the left. You did such a great job I can't believe you didn't go further and remove the man... Have another try I'm sure editing the full size image it will look much better than my quick try.

[Image: Heyedit2.jpg]

I love the expression on your son's face. Great Capture.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Wonderful Smarti... another triumph of Photoshop...

My wife and I were just reading through the thread again and it's awesome to see the progression of pics from start to finish.. Big Grin

Good job everyone! Big Grin

I have thought a lot about your picture, and I also thought about removing the man behind your son...

I like both with the man sharp and without the man... My only suggestion would be to make a sepia conversion ... with dark brown... darken irregularly the corners to enhance the light in your son, I think it would looks lovely...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Something like this Irma? A little radial blur and lighting effects?

[Image: Sepia%20Batter.jpg]

Oh! Yes... I like it a lot Smile
I never thought about that effect you did and I like it...

and you? How do you like it? Smile

Paul Cezanne

I actually do like it. Thanks for the ideaBig Grin

Wow, what a transition! I hadn't seen this earlier, nice job everyone!
I think the one without the coach could look really nice in the sepia version, his bright jacket is a bit distracting in the currently last one...

Nice!

By the way, Wulinka, I did get my Sigma 17-70 today. It seems to be a very sharp lens. I'll play some more tomorrow, hopefully, and let you know what I think.

It seems that we are facing here a picture where there are two versions of the story... while someone might think that the subject in the background is distracting, some others might think it adds to the story... both very valid opinions...

To me as it is with the man in the background tells me that the ball is comming, the kid is concentrated and confident in his swing, and the man behind tells me that he looks that ball rather difficult...

Now seeing the picture without the man (thanks to Smarti for the pp) I think I am missing part of the story...

In this case, it will be only decision of the photographer what he wants to express with his picture...

Paul Cezanne

Very nice. Crop a bit tighter and add a little motion blur to the ball.