Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RAW - can someone explain to me please.....? (Canon EOS 350D)

Thanks Kombi!

I am happy to shoot RAW, just need to figure out how do deal with it properly!

As for your shot, I think the ACR and DPP version are very similar, you obviously really have your settings figured out - thanks for sharing them!

I doubt that in a print anyone would see the difference between those two....

sorry, gotta run....

uli

hmm, funny, I just came back to this as I remembered there was somthing I had to do to get Camera Raw running, i.e. download the plug-in.
Now, over a year later, I am only ever shooting raw. I find the process no more tedious than trying to fix a JPEG if it was slightly off and enjoy the flexibility RAW offers. Especially in terms of white balance. most recently, during our trip, I even turned to using automatic WB on my Canon 350D with decent results, closer actually than before when I was constantly swapping between different shadow situations, sunlight etc.

i never seem to have problems with noise.
One thing that has changed pretty dramatically is are the colors. Probably because RAW files come without embedded profile and I process them in adobe RGB and save as tiff, I find I sometimes get problems converting them (as in my latest post from our trip).
So I am nervous once I start wanting to print pictures, I will run into serious problems, for sure I will need expert help and a well profiled, professional setup.

so much for RAW, see how your habits change.

wonder what the next thing will be, HDR maybe?

How about you? What's you latest hobby / gadget / favorite? What was it a year ago?

Uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post