Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

350d Question

I have a Lumix FZ5 and the 4way wheel and all the other little buttons, I alter by using my finger nail.
If I use my finger, the buttons just embed themselves into my finger and don't do anything.
Now although I only bought it in February this year, the silver colour is coming off the buttons and leaving little plastic marks.

Question..... Does the 350d also do this.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Personally, I haven't had any experiences with the 350D like the ones you describe. I don't think it has a four way wheel.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I have not found this with the 350d all the buttons work very well with no bits of plastic coming off...........:o Big Grin

Hmm. Maybe I got a duff one.Sad

On the Canon it is called a Cross Key ring....ISO: AF: WB: Something else: and set in the middle.
They may be metal on the Canon. On mine it is plastic coated with silver colour paint?

The Canon is now at £440 body only and about £485 with 18-55 kit lens (not usm) in the UK.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

My original Rebel is now coming up 2 years old and still looks in great shape, despite being subject to rain and sand many times.

Yes, my 350D gives the illusion of being an unassuringly flimsy dirt-magnet, yet all buttons do their job and are visible. Also, you can customise its functionality(so as to avoid those "thumb-in-the-wrong-place" moments).
Canon cameras become value-for-money when bought a year or more down the road from release, so now's a good time for spendies! Tail-end of Autumn might be even better.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks Schellamo, Russt, EnglishBob and Zig for the comments. It would seem that the Canon has better quality about it than Panasonic. So I will go and have another play at the shop with it.Wink

Lumix LX5.

Got my 300D in Feb 04: looks used Smile by this, the signs of use include the black rubber grip peeling and revealing shiny plastic (or just signs of scratches)
scratches, paint coming off the hot shoe, more scratches (on the bottom), and thats about it, but still takes pics great!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by derbyshirephoto
Oct 24, 2015, 06:23
Last Post by Phil J
Aug 29, 2015, 07:52
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 17, 2015, 11:41