Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Toy

well i have been fighting and fighting with exposure . So i decided to get a new meter . I went out and got a Gossen Digipro F. And so far i love it . I havent been able to play very much with it but what i have done with it i love. I know that there are better meters out there, but this was in a decent price range and i know that i will get a lot of use out of it.
I have plans on really playing with it this weekend out side and see what i can come up . I will show the results as soon as i can ..

Thanks ........... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Right on Shawn. New toys are always fun but it is also good to see you getting the technical aspects of things.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

A light meter will be really handy for some of your studio stuff Shawn. I have one and find it really useful at times.

Cheers

Canon stuff.

Cool! Turning "pro", are we? Big Grin Let us know how you go... Big Grin

Thanks Yall,

Yea Peto i have been reading a lot here lately , and i figure that its time to quit winning about not being digital and start buying stuff that i need to help me with the " technical side " .

Wedding Shooter the meter has already helped me in a couple of settings . Nothing " fancy " yet , i need some better lights , but i think my exposure is as close as it has ever been ( i think ) LOL . Now its time for some of the " fine art " stuff LOL

Shutter Talk I want to be able to call myself " pro " ( even if the meter says pro im far from it Wink ) so bad LOL . But everyone knows that you cant call your self a pro with just the " toys " LOL . The thing is i have been shooting for free and i really want to start to charge . I know that i cant charge full price, but give me time Big Grin

........ Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I have a bargain basement light meter but haven't used it much. Thank goodness that Nikon's metering is really good in Program mode... Smile

I recognize that people get better results when they understand the technology, but I usually just bang away in RAW and hope to fix my errors later. I'm kind of an average photographer but an above average PhotoShopper... (kind of pathetic really)

Let me know what you learn about metering from the new toy.

Toad Wrote:I have a bargain basement light meter but haven't used it much. Thank goodness that Nikon's metering is really good in Program mode... Smile

I recognize that people get better results when they understand the technology, but I usually just bang away in RAW and hope to fix my errors later. I'm kind of an average photographer but an above average PhotoShopper... (kind of pathetic really)

Let me know what you learn about metering from the new toy.
I wouldnt call you a average Photoshoppr or average Photographer at all ( that my oppinion ) Tongue

I will let you know if and when i learn this meter . I have read things that are cool to me but prob. basic stuff .

I know i wont be using it much outdoors ( wish i had a spot meter ) but in my LITTLE studio its going to pay for its self sooner or later

.............. Shawn