Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #30: Signs

sign, sign, everywhere a sign...
- Five Man Electrical Band

Signs are everywhere, with messages ranging from vital to nonsensical. They can be instructive, they can be demanding, they can be funny, and they can be frustrating.

Let's have some fun with this thread, and see what signs we can share, and share the signs that we see.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

What's wet! the sign or the sign, on the sign.
Actually I liked it cos it's got NT on it. Big Grin
[Image: sign.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

We take care of our fauna & flora here and watch out for our feathered/furred(?) friends. That's wattle (our Australian national emblem) in front of the koala sign, yesterday 1/8/06 was Wattle Day in Australia.

[Image: 23_koala.jpg] [Image: ducks.jpg]

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Some of you may have seen this one before...

[Image: 48_Left%20Turn%20Maybe.jpg]

Maybe it's the surrealist in me, but I always enjoy juxtaposition.

[Image: signs-zoo1-0052.jpg]

[Image: signs-zoo2-0047.jpg]

The sheer size of this sign caught my attention. I don't usually go into underground parking garages.

[Image: signs-pedestrians-0024.jpg]

I've been spending a lot of time traveling around the city these days, which involves waiting for a lot of subways.

[Image: signs-main-0097.jpg]

And the city always looks more interesting from a moving streetcar.

[Image: signs-blur-0049.jpg]

To get to the streetcar stop, I'm almost always walking down some quiet residential streets after dark. Having a camera with a flash is a novelty for me.

[Image: signs-ttc-0040.jpg]

[Image: signs-trees-0037.jpg]

[Image: signs-do-not-enter-0029.jpg]

[Image: signs-one-way-0034.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I HAVE 1 , i can finally play the assignment game with yall . This is one from the trip to memphis . It is untouched 'cept for resizing .

[Image: Memphis%20112%20copy.jpg]

thought that some of yall would like this

thanks ......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

BD, I am not critisising but it looks like it has a blue haze over the photo.
Looking back mine and Toad's do a little as well, when I compare them with Pat's and Matthew's.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

It's the 'L' series lens in my nifty Pro1 Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat

More signs
#1she's cute!
[Image: moresigns1.jpg]

#2 & 3 First time out taking nightshots - found lots of interesting subjects so plan on doing more Wink
[Image: moresigns2.jpg] [Image: 29_moresigns3.jpg]

#4 Lots of developments in this town, 450 apartments will be available for sale next 3 months
[Image: 67_moresigns4.jpg]

Cheers,
Pat

So even though these are old assignments theres no end date, right? I can post, well I hope so. When I saw this the other day I thought about the sign down the road. Ive never thought about taking a picture of it..so I did..I kind of like getting away from taking pictures of kids and animals..its different for me.
[Image: 100_0095.jpg]
So thats my sign..Its been shot up quite a lot.

Hi Teri; assignments don't end, so feel free to jump into any that catch your interest.

I've heard of people shooting at road signs, but never seen it myself... I'm a city person. Thanks for posting it.

I went to the market last weekend with my club, and signs were my favourite subject.

[Image: 25209-specialbroccoli.jpg]

[Image: 25127-porkchops.jpg]

[Image: 25159-liveoysters.jpg]

I spend a lot of time photographing signs. They're a fascinating medium, containing straightforward information that the creator wants other people to know. Once they're posted they become part of the environment, and are subject to all of the conditions that goes with it.

A couple more recent ones:

[Image: 25335-Parking.jpg]

[Image: 25391-Leica.jpg]

I thought I would throw some signs in as well.I didn't think seeing other signs could be so interesting.
Lorraine[Image: IMG_0682.JPG][Image: IMG_0688.JPG][Image: IMG_0702.JPG]

[Image: green_sign.jpg]

Thought I would add this one to the thread.

Again taken in Toronto during the warmer months. (again on Front street, mathew)

"A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of." – Ogden Nash

I took this shot with this assignment in mind. As you'll see the 2nd is a crop of the first.

[Image: Playa-Del-Carmen-206a.jpg]

[Image: Playa-Del-Carmen-206b.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:I took this shot with this assignment in mind. As you'll see the 2nd is a crop of the first.
LOL ......... they should lend that stone to the BBC then maybe they'll manage to get the forecast right occasionally. Big Grin

Pol

That is the funniest stone I've ever read... thanks for posting it.

Have you read a lot of stones? Big Grin

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

I had a pretty good chuckle when I first saw it too.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I have to admit that signs are my thing. I've always photographed them, and have decided that my interest in them is enough to merit a long-term project. As a result, whenever I see a good sign, I now stop to photograph it or work it into the composition of an otherwise sign-less photo. Here are a few from today:

[Image: 26999-downtownauto.jpg]

[Image: 27013-downtownauto.jpg]

And this final one isn't technically a sign, but I've included it anyway:

[Image: 27015-downtownauto.jpg]

Not a straight forward sign.

[Image: Sign%201.jpg]

Lumix LX5.

We have branches everywhere.
[Image: Sign%202.jpg]

Lumix LX5.

Hi everyone
from my website
www.6701.sunpixs.com

[Image: DSC_3750.jpg]

[Image: DSC_5346.jpg]

[Image: DSC_8055.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4554.jpg]

thanks for viewing

Christian

A C-5 Galaxy doing touch-and-goes all evening is an exciting thing for everyone involved.
It went over the house at very low altitude maybe ten times.

Repeatedly hitting the runway then going to full power for another takeoff made these signs seem appropriate.

[Image: kak.c5galaxy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_1103.jpg]

A dentist practice on the side of a bazar in Huai Nan (China)