Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yet Another Bleeding Paris Cafe Shot....

I'm sorry...last one, I promise...

[Image: Recruitement.jpg]

Another great job Toad , you will have to explain your PP tech. to us . I really like the Cafe shots .

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks Drake. I am pretty happy with the series and am seriously considering doing a calendar or post card book of the better ones. I have quite a few.

Fantastic shots, I love them Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

yeah.. i love it esp with the tower subtlely behind in the backgrd...

These are beautiful. You should make giant prints.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Was this the same location as the "Vesper's" shot?

Canon stuff.

Yup - good catch. Different night though.

Banded Drake Wrote:Another great job Toad , you will have to explain your PP tech. to us . Shawn
Well, I wish I could. They are all different depending on what I was starting with. I mess with them as I see fit and can't really recreate what I did afterwards. This one was done the hard way without HDR. You can do a lot of shadow recovery if you shoot RAW. Here is the original I started with. You can see why I ignored it up to now...

[Image: 39_before.jpg]

I know I started with perspective correction, and some selective burning. I also can see that I did some simplification on the cafe itself. I also remember painting in the "no-entry" signs with dark red. Other than that...who knows?

Strangely enough, this is not my first kick at this particular cat... In 2002, I did this shot that I have actually sold a couple of times. It was the success of this shot that inspired me to do my cafe series this year,

[Image: Brasserie.jpg]

Thanx for trying Toad ,

I guess i will have to stab at RAW once i get used to the new camera . Then maybe i can understand more LOL.

BTW
, my wife said if/when you do your calander or post cards she wants them . She loves the Cafe' shots as much as we do .

........... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Shawn - have a go at shooting RAW plus JPEG and see how you go. Than you have the JPEG and can always go back to the RAW at a later date.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Sep 18, 2017, 16:52