Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nobbys head

G'day all,

Went out this morning to get a few shots and test out the new lens some more. I had a location in mind but when I arrived the conditions were not what I was hoping for........too much wind for the reflection I was after. A change of plans had me driving round with the light coming fast Rolleyes (I hate that) So I ended up getting a few beach shots.

[Image: nobbys.jpg]

[Image: nobbys%20copy.jpg]
I really like b&w in the morning light..........

[Image: nobbys%20b&w.jpg]
I did my usual to add more subject to the shot by jumping in front of the camera.....
dunno if it works for this shot or not? I think I would be happier if the subject was not me Big Grin

C&C welcome

I really like the colour and B/W versions. The building on the point looks like a castle.

Canon stuff.

Great landscape Russt. I think the colour in this image is one of the best features of this scene. For me the B&W's don't have the same impact. The orange and blue sky is wonderful.

Are you looking at or away from the camera in the last shot?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Beautiful!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

thanks for your comments WS, Smarti and Schell. appreciated!

Smarti, thanks for your opinion....I understand where your coming from. The subject is not that strong, I see why the colour is a big part. For me its more the tones. Oh and facing away from the camera

cheers

I'm with Smarti in that UI like the color of the original - but I also like the composition of adding the figure to #3. Any chance of doing a color version of #3?

Thanks Toad, I know you like foreground subject Wink Big Grin

Oh Smarti........... I was wrong with what I said before..........I am facing the camera. My short term memory is going Rolleyes Big Grin I found that out doing some more pp, I have another where I am facing away :/

#4 only because Toad asked.........(any excuse) I put as little more into this one to try and strengthen the subject and a touch more on the sky........
[Image: nobbys%202.jpg]

Russt - Please dont take this the wrong way because I think this is a stunning shot that I would be proud of.
I just couldn't resist trying to give your foreground some purpose........

[Image: nobbysedit.jpg]

With respect
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Shane.........no problem mate, happy for you to have a play. well done! next time its gotta be a flyrod though Wink Big Grin

cheers

I dont know how i missed these . I really likw # 1 . I like the colors . The conversions are great too , but the color one just has me Big Grin.

Great job on these ........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Russt Wrote:Thanks Toad, I know you like foreground subject Wink
yes I do - well done.

Quote:Great job on these ........ Shawn
Smile

cheers Toad

Great job with #2 - love the dramatic look.

Lol @ smarti... what's next? AK47? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post