Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mandarin duck

Yes we were at the Zoo yesterday... Smile It was fantastic!! I enjoyed it tremendously... specially because it wasn't sunny so my pictures turned out nice... Smile I think...

Here is one I like a lot... Smile

[Image: IMG_9335-01.jpg]

Here is part of the environment in the Zoo... It is really a lovely place to visit... The entry fee is not exactly cheap... but I think once a year is ok... Smile

[Image: IMG_8977-01.jpg]

Thanks for your comments Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

the mandarin duck is my fav duck and the prettiest duck that i have ever seen . And i have seen many ducks in my life LOL . Great shot. It wont be long and i will have some wild ducks to share.

......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Great photos Irma - I love the one of the duck, best I have ever seen!

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I agree with the others. Very very pretty duck.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

It puts mine to shame. But it only cost me £2.50 for the car park. The rest was free.
It is a Mandarin. There was a similar one with different colours, and I have forgotten its name.
[Image: not%20mandarin.jpg]
This I think is a Southern Hornbill. Just call him beaky.
[Image: beaky.jpg]
This is a Turaco, maybe.
[Image: not%20a%20mandarin.jpg]
And lastly a Crowned Crane. Two of them were dancing a courtship? dance. Like Torvill and Dean with 'Bolero'.
[Image: Crane.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

WOW Irma, your colour just knocks my socks off!! (hmmm, not sure if that will translate well! Big Grin )
that first shot is just great!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

What a galore of rich colors and cool pictures, especially that first one. We have wild ducks around here, called wood ducks and the males are colorful, but not nearly as fancy as these! Smile Good job capturing it all Irma...

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Excellent shots, 1 and all. #1 is a wondeful capture, Irma and the calmness of #2 is a jewel.

NT - all great - my personal fav is #3 - he shows so much personality.

We arrived at the zoo very early so the place was deserted and I could take the second picture as I wanted... The zoo has a lot of Asian constructions and decorations, it makes it look beautiful and very tranquil..

I always wanted to have a picture of these ducks... They are like living paints...

Thanks so much for your comments...

NT beautiful pictures as well... Smile I am missing a picture of the #2 and #3... #4 I have it already and I will post it soon... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Fantastic shots, feel as if I can ruffle the turaco's feathers, glad you enjoyed your day at the zoo.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by Plantsman
Jan 21, 2015, 06:57