Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magic Of The Ordinary

This is one of a series of "Magic Of The Ordinary" images I'm working on, things seen in a different light. This image is of Dandelions, normally the scourge of the lawn but beautiful when viewed in another way. I've also added a brushed effect in PhotoShop.

Magic Of The Ordinary
[Image: magicoftheordinaryiix7.jpg]

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

Quite neat. I am not sure about the white surround which tends to drag your eye away from the dandelion.
And I usally clone out little bits of bugs/dirt from the petals.
But each to his own.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I like the brushed effect here. Will have to try it myself soon!
Maybe with a different background color than white, but picking which color to use could sidetrack me for hours...

Nice effect! I agree, it's definitely quite magical. Well done! Big Grin

I guess with the light gray field the white does tend to distract. Thanks for commenting.

Rene

Very nice picture Rene... I love the yellow color of the dandelion... This color is always so cheerful... Smile
I like the framing and the color of the background. Nice treatment.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The brush strokes are a nice way to display the flowers. They have a fresh feeling to them..

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Rene, I only meant that if I were to try the brush effect, I would choose something besides white just because I know it would work against me when it came to picking which color. I shoot myself in the foot rather often like that when playing with something new (to me) in photoshop.
I like the white for this photo.

Amazing what we miss, your photo came to my mind when I observed some weeds with purple flowers when out in our backyard this morning. I like the shot. Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks again everyone for the kind comments.

Keith, I used the white background when I matted with white and framed one for display in the local coffee shop. The background color I usually select though is sampled from a color in the image. For instance.......

[Image: iristxwcwyf1.jpg]

Rene

Now that I much prefer.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post