Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skateboarding and BMX

I dont know all the names of the tricks and stuff but i thought that i would share these with yall . And to think there was only one injury to the riders ( he got up and left on his own thank god he was " ok " )

Any C/C is welcome .

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 23_3.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 9.jpg]

thanks yall ...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hi Shawn - as you know I am no expert, but I think these are the best action shots you have posted, I particularly like #2 Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Pretty good shaun. There is a Red Bull Site that gives the names of all the tricks.
google 'red bull'
Or www.redbull (and your country)
Under sports click pedal power. Some hot pics there. Figuring how to get them on screen is the hard part.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great action Shawn. I chose good posistion to get these shots too. Well done. You should submit to Jones Soda.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Wow great shots Shawn,
Do you know what your camera setting and lens are?I want to get some good dog sports shots this summer and having an idea on setting before hand could sure save time.
Lorraine

Thanks Yall ,

this was a fun shoot and will be going back to shoot again.

Ill have to look into that Peto , not sure what it is though LOL .
Thanks NT , the moves are so fast , i think i remember the one name was a kickflip indy grab ? or something like that . LOL .

Beagles , at first i was shooting f5.6 1/640 and 1/800 iso 100 , then i started shooting in TV mode ( kept having problems with the sun and sky changing from the clouds ) and was shooting iso100 1/800 with my little 28-70mm . one of the main things that i do is ( i hope i can say this right ) i chage the shooting mode to AI Servo and make my focus point to center only . I hope this helped .

......... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Here you go Shawn. http://www.jonessoda.com/

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Peto , i will look into them .

..... Shawn

Great action pictures Shawn. I like them all... the last one is amazing!! Smile

It seems that winter hasn't arrived to your place. They are dressing so light..

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Great action pictures Shawn. I like them all... the last one is amazing!! Smile

It seems that winter hasn't arrived to your place. They are dressing so light..
Thanks Irma ,

Winter here is very strange , we have had some very cold temps in the past few weeks, and then it gets warm for a week or so . These kids were working up a sweat LOL .

I like the last shot too , i just wish i could have gotten his face in the shot , he is very good and has sponsors for when he rides in competitions , and there was no way i was getting in his way LOL .

Thanks again Irma............ SHawn

Wow, pretty crazy stunts there! The expression on the guy in the first shot is priceless! Great action captures, Shawn!

thanks ST , there faces are funny when they do there tricks LOL .

thanks again ...... Shawn

You have done a great job capturing the action of these boys/men.....they are quite athletic and show no fear of injury....the last one is my favourite as well.

Sharon

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Thanks Abree ,

I am going to go back this weekend and shoot some more . Practice practice .......

........ Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Jan 16, 2006, 16:38