Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Photo Toy

I bought this

[Image: tinycam002.jpg]

for about $20. It works about like a camera phone camera and it's very sneaky.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Cool... does it have a LCD? Or just a viewfinder?

Pretty cool looking low-tech-image-effect! Like a webcam - and portable too! Big Grin

My Wife got one a few months ago, they are cool to play with but don't handle sunlight very well.

Back to the buses, eh Don?

Toad Wrote:Back to the buses, eh Don?
Yep - that would be a dream come true for me. I'll never forget Don's fantastic bus series - it's where my passion for candid and street shots was born. I'm still not in the same league as Don though.Big Grin

Here's one of my own fairly recent street shots (January sales). C'mon, Don, it's your turn next so take a ride on the bus and show us some passengers. You're definititely 'King of the Candids' and the passengers and supervisors are unlikely to spot that discreet little camera.

Credit goes to Don for inspiring me to even attempt this sort of stuff. Big Grin

[Image: gimme-the-bag.jpg]

Pol

Well how about it Don? I'm sure there are others like me who haven't seen this series and I would love to see them. Its the sort of thing I would like to do and am too shy to attempt. Smile

PS Polly - do you just bowl up and take candids or do you stay at a distance and use a telephoto?

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Actually I lost my nerve in my old age. But I will have fun with that little camera.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Pat Wrote:Well how about it Don? I'm sure there are others like me who haven't seen this series and I would love to see them. Its the sort of thing I would like to do and am too shy to attempt. Smile

PS Polly - do you just bowl up and take candids or do you stay at a distance and use a telephoto?
I aim to take street shots and candids at less than 90-100mm if at all possible but my motto is ..... get what you can with whatever you can manage just as long as you don't get punched on the nose or end up getting arrested and 'taken into custody'. :o

I try to blend in with the environment and remain as inobtrusive as possible. I usually persuade my husband to go with me and he watches out for me from the distance, though he sometimes wanders off and leaves me. He also hauls me back home and bends my ear if he thinks I'm getting too bold.

I was using the Tamron 28-300mm and K10D for the one above. It was a grab shot at 63mm and I was maybe 10-12ft away. I'd been approaching the shop and noticed the couple emerge and start a slightly debate about the bags, so I grabbed the shot whilst they were absorbed in their discussion ... then moved on quickly. The picture is a crop of maybe 70% of the full frame.

You do need to be careful, be constantly aware of what's happening around you and don't take too many risks.

Pol

Don Schaeffer Wrote:Actually I lost my nerve in my old age. But I will have fun with that little camera.
I know the feeling! I envy folks who are confident enough to hang around the town centre snapping away, despite the presence of all the CCTV cameras.

I miss loads of shots because I lose my nerve at the critical moment, or when I realise the subject has spotted me. That explains why I have more rear view shots of backsides than goos face view candids. Rolleyes

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with that little camera. I had a quick look at the shots ou posted in the other thread and it seems to be giving you some good results... so go for it and enjoy!

Pol

Thanks Polly. Frankly I decided it's no use worrying about photography. I will always be a rank amateur and a hobbiest at best. Why stress over it? I do what I can and want to lower my stress not raise it as far as picture taking is concerned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59