Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newbie frantically waving hello!

Hi,

I just stumbled upon this site whilst researching how to get rid of a gazillion dust spots on my Canon 300D sensor! But hey, we can talk about that later Smile

I'm Allison, living in Auckland, New Zealand. I'm a complete amateur but am keen to learn and improve my skills and I'm sure this site will be a big help. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hey Allison, welcome and nice to meet you! I've heard that NZ has very beautiful scenery - and you definitely have to post some photos if you have some! Big Grin

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions - everyone is very friendly round here... Big Grin

Hi Allison, Welcome to Shuttertalk.

As for the dust spots...despite all the manufacturer says about NOT using canned air...that's what has always worked for me! Just be careful not to make any liquid come out.

Hi Allison, welcome to Shuttertalk Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Are you named after one of my favorite Scotch Whiskeys?

Hi Toad - yes I am, it's one of mine too!

Thanks for the welcomes....is there something I switch on to let me know I have replies to a post?

Brother in Law swears by Glenfiddick.
I just use it for cleaning the windows.Big Grin
Welcome Lagavulinlass. Pol will be around before long to tell you how to clean your sensor no doubt.
A 'rocket blower' to start with.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I am open to all sensor cleaning advice! Oh, and my viewfinder is grubby too....

Lagavulinlass Wrote:Thanks for the welcomes....is there something I switch on to let me know I have replies to a post?
Yup, towards the bottom of the page, click on "Subscribe to this topic" and you should be notified via email. Big Grin

a-ha.....

Hey Allison and welcome. NZ must be an awesome place to take photos, look forward to seeing some. I just bought the Green Clean air vacuum system for my 300D and it works a treat. Here is a link (to no particular retailer just has the details I got mine from Amazon)

http://www.pictureline.com/products/1284...ravel_Kit/

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Oh, hey! And welcome to ST. ; )

So, clean your sensor and viewfinder and show us some shots. : D

Well cleaning the viewfinder is easy. use whatever you have, Q-tip ?

T-shirt whatever works so that you can see well.. I had to literallyl "chip" ice out of my viewfinder, every morning.

My camera(S) were encased in ice! but they still worked perfectly,, no.. not digital,, they can't handle constant

exposure to cold. but welcome to shutter talk.

I hope you learn that which you are seeking and I am sure you will...

experience is the best teacher, and even just by reading someones's posts and words

you will learn, even if it is WHAT NOT TO DO!

So as everyone else has said.. Please. start posting images for us to go WowoW at !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Cesna
Jan 22, 2021, 01:34
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 13, 2020, 18:54