Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Barnacles

I bought it because of the color and the shape. I thought it would be easier to photograph, but it has been one of the most difficult shells to work with.

Working the shell as kind of landscape. Crazy idea, but somehow I saw this piece like exploring a rocky island... Wink

[Image: IMG_9896-Edit.jpg]

I tried this one with the white sand, it doesn't have much texture and I didn't like it much because if I don't lit well the area looks like dirty...

[Image: IMG_9459-Edit.jpg]

A detail of the landscape idea...

[Image: IMG_9934-Edit.jpg]

Working a bit of bokeh in the next ones.

[Image: IMG_9441-Edit.jpg]

Some of them made them a bit lighter, don't know if this works fine and shows texture.

[Image: IMG_9491-Edit.jpg]

Working with shadow and red

[Image: IMG_8843-01.jpg]

Thanks so much for taking the time to see them... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

#3, #4 & #6 do it for me Irma, I especially like $3 - what an unusual shell Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Hi Irma, I like the concept.

Maybe brushing the shell with water or even a light vegetable oil would give it better texture or color? Of course the oil would be a pain to wash off.

Thanks Pat for your comment, it is a beautiful piece. I was told that most of the times they are just gray and beige, the color is beautiful in this one.... Smile

You are right Craig, something like this would be great to use. It has indeed a great texture but so difficult to get in the picture. I have changed light conditions lots of time and nothing brings the texture (out/up), it has somehow very contrasting colors the white is too white and the pink/magenta is very strong too.

I will try first with water, then just a piece with oil...

Thanks... Smile

Paul Cezanne

You come up with some wonderful ideas Irma.....

I like all of them, but 3 & 6 stand out for me,

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

I like the last one best Irma, great eye ...

....... SHawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks so much for your comments, I am really happy you like the idea... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma
I love your enthusiasm for the unexpected.You keep us guessing on what your going to show us next.The pictures are great.
Lorraine

Thanks Lorrain, you are very kind... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Hey Irma, another in the beach related series I see! I like number two, great DOF and visually appealing.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post