Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cardinal and a small butterfly

I dont know what it is about these birds but they are so hard for me to get a decent shot ( notice i said decent LOL ) . I love the reds in the males . So here is my humble attempt . The butterfly was just flying around so i thought i would see what i could do with him . any c/c is welcome .

[Image: 24_web.jpg]

[Image: 44_web1.jpg]

Thanks for looking ....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Very nice pictures Shawn... Smile

I like both. The cardinal picture probably is difficult because of the color. Red is always very difficult to get at least to me.
The butterfly is also beautiful. The colors are great... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Drake, like Irma says red is difficult to focus on, rather like a certain twig in among others.
I get it sometimes with water/liquid or marks on a window.
I would suggest focus on something before it arrives, or use manual focussing. And pray. Big Grin

Some of my butterfly shots look like they are covered in dust. Maybe it is, or it trembles.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Don't worry Shawn, you're not alone. I still don't have a decent cardinal photo till this day. Like the colors on yours! Smile

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

I like the flutter-by. Sweet.

Thanks Yall ,

I would have never guessed these birds would be so hard to get a shot of . LOL . The hunts still not over , i would rather have a shot in a tree or something but ill take what i can get Big Grin.

Thanks again ...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hey Shawn, nice captures! I have heaps of trouble focussing quickly on animate objects as well.... comes it practice I suppose. Keep it up! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Apr 23, 2016, 09:38