Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #48: Double Exposure

You push the button, we do the rest.
- George Eastman, 1888. Advertising slogan of the first Kodak camera.

As photographers, our abilities to change the images we capture is greater now than it has ever been. The days of handing a sealed box over to a photofinisher are long gone; the creative possibilities that we have open to us are unrivaled by traditional analog photography.

For this assignment, let's try out our skills at combining two different images to create something that never existed. It may be a subtle change, such as replacing a sky, or a dramatic and otherworldly alteration that is entirely invented. Have fun, experiment, and be creative.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

No chance with Toad around. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

[Image: lilly%20double%20exposed.jpg]

An old one, but actually the same flower 3 times.

NT73 Wrote:No chance with Toad around. Big Grin
Tee Hee...I promise to keep it down to 16 exposures...

This is a work with two images, the sort of elf is my daughter (picture taken last year) and a picture I took in the forest just few days ago. The elf picture was worked with PS, liquify by G and the post processing of the image is mine.

[Image: IMG_2334-Edit.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Haha - Love the elf!

Continuing the fantasy theme.. This is a image of my son (who thinks he is a ninja) combined with one of my recent sunset images... I know combining silhouettes in almost cheating but I liked the result.

[Image: IMGP9095ninja.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

haha... Karate Kid returns? Very nicely done...

Irma - love the elf as well - it's gorgeous. Big Grin

Oh wow those are neat! Irma I LOVE that picture!

Craig, every time I see this picture, reminds me my comment in the critique forum telling that I didn't like much the shadow... Now I understand the shadow and I like it!! Smile

Thanks for the comments... Smile

Shane your picture is really great. I think the pose of your son is superb!! The addition of the silhouette to this beautiful ladnscape makes a great work.

Paul Cezanne

I'm sorry I've been a little absent on this assignment. I've actually taken several photos with different ideas on how to merge them, but haven't managed to finish any of them yet. The images I'm seeing here are great, and I'm gaining a new appreciation for how much skill they take.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

As per Toads request LOL . I thought about what this shot would look like with some people in it , here is what i came up with . Any C/C is welcome ......

[Image: happy%20trail2%20tori%20and%20kyle.jpg]

Thanks ........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Nice work Shawn, though I think you either need to add a shadow or feather the cutin a little more.

Craig.

I do a lot of multiple exposures as everyone knows..fantasy and reality are just 2 different sides of the same coin as far as my photography is concerned Here are a few of my favorites:

Uptown (2006)

[Image: 12_Uptown.jpg]

Fokker Triplane (2003)

[Image: 90_Fokker%20Triplane.jpg]

Vertigo (2002)

[Image: Vertigo.jpg]

Not in Kansas Anymore (2006)

[Image: 48_Not%20In%20Kansas%20Anymore.jpg]

Empty Bridge (2003)

[Image: Empty%20Bridge%20ret.jpg]

EnglishBob Wrote:Nice work Shawn, though I think you either need to add a shadow or feather the cutin a little more.

Craig.
I will work on it some more Craig , this was really just playing to see what i could comeup with .

Love them all Toad ....

.......... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Shawn, I think the light in the couple is too strong for the place they are walking in. The light in this pad is difussed by the leaves, so there there is no hightlights and not hard shadows.

I like to see that you worked with your picture and you posted your try... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma ,

when i get the chance i am going to do the whole thing over again, this was a very fast play with the shot . Thanks for the comments Irma ...

....... Shawn

Rob, you work is in a class by itself.

Shawn, thanks for including yours, and I like the direction you're going with it. I really appreciate seeing what you're working with, and the feedback you're getting. (And thanks to Irma and Craig for that, too.) I'm still trying to get a half-decent image put together, and this is helping me, too.

Toad....you rock. Irma love the "elf daughter" very cool straight out of a fantasy book.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

good assignment.........I have seen most of these shots before and I must say great to see again!!!

This new photo was a more organically produced multiple exposure.
The bird was backing-up, and paused long enough each time to accumulate light.

[Image: kak.dblexp.jpg]

Very beautiful picture Keith, I love the light in the bird.

Paul Cezanne

Added texture to these pictures.

[Image: IMG_1613-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1631-Edit.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

I worked with this picture I took in a parade in Eutin, I liked very much the reflection in the instrument. I did my kind of parchment texture and added some music symbols with brushes...

[Image: IMG_8961-Edit-Edit.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Irma, that's a really great shot. I like the combination of elements, and the way the page curls under instead of ending.

I also noticed that I never did contribute a photo to this assignment....

Thanks Matt... Smile

A picture of the lake only with the little waves... a layer with brushes, texture and noise. Colors are LR courtesy...

[Image: IMG_1921-Edit-Edit.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Dec 12, 2016, 17:26