Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My new website

This is a site that i have on a trial basis . I would really like yalls oppinions on it . Thanks .

www.taylorsphotography.ifp3.com

Thanks for looking ....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Looks sweet and professional, Drake. Great to see how far you have come over the last year or so...

Toad Wrote:Looks sweet and professional, Drake. Great to see how far you have come over the last year or so...
Thanks Toad that means a lot coming from you ! Everyone on here has helped me out sooo much .

....... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I like very much your website Shawn. Looking at it makes me think that I should do something with my own site, mine looks a bit borring.

The only thing I would like to comment is about your gallery "Models". I think to name it "Studio" would fit best.

Congratualtions on your website... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma ,

Thats a good idea about the gallery , maybe i should make different folders inder the studio name ? Thanks again Irma...

...... Shawn

Hey Shawn,

Very professional looking, my only comments are:-

1. It opens the gallery in a new window, some systems will prevent that happening.
2. While macromedia flash makes for a very dynamic site, it reads very poorly on search engines and so will appear as just one page and not subpages. Makes for poor rankings on searches. Having well set up meta tags and a good introduction in text on the home page can prevent this.
3. The resizing the site does of your uploads seems to make them very soft.

Hi Shawn,

The photography is beautiful - but I am not so keen on all the "flying windows" and pop up hello when you enter the site. Just trying to give some honest feedback. Let your photos do the talking - they say plenty.

Canon stuff.

Thanks EB and WS ,

i appreciate the help and honesty . I will work on the site to see what else i can get out of it .

.... Shawn

Shawn - I think the site looks awesome. Very smooth and professional. Did you do this all yourself?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I'm not a big fan of flash only websites but it looks nice enough.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

smarti77 Wrote:Shawn - I think the site looks awesome. Very smooth and professional. Did you do this all yourself?
Ok i must confess , the site is very very simple , i didnt have to do anything but upload my shots . And add some words LOL . They have a few templates ( and are adding more ) unlimited space which is what i really wanted due to sports shooting . it is very affordable and no hassles . All i wanted was a site that was " mine " and i didnt have to do any thinking . Hollar at me if you want some more info .

Thanks Smarti and Alastair ,

i have heard that plenty of times Alastair and i can appreciate what you are saying .....

...... Shawn

Quote:i have heard that plenty of times Alastair and i can appreciate what you are saying .....
It does have the advantage of making it harder for people to copy your images than a normal website and as you say is easy to create.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
Feb 1, 2010, 13:54
Last Post by EnglishBob
Mar 29, 2007, 09:27