Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your moods ?

I was thinking about this the other day out shooting ( yea thats a scarry thought ) . How much does your mood affect your shooting . When i am " down " it seems that all i can find to shoot is something that works well in bw , but when all is " good " i keep things in color . Makes me wonder is that normal , or do i need to go to the doctors :/ .
I know that wrighters have the same thing but i didnt notice it til the other day , and was wondering if everyone does the same thing .

.......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I haven't noticed a difference in my subjects, but I have noticed a difference in my opinion of my own work. If I'm down, I take very few photos because nothing seems interesting. Likewise, I won't review any that I had previously taken because I find them boring and uninspired. When I'm more positive, I'm much more likely to play and experiment, and more likely to like the results.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

If I am feeling down I will most likely not even fire the camera, I'll look, think that there is nothing there and walk away more often than not.

My subjects and post processings varied a lot depending on my mood. But I don't stop taking pictures, some times I find it even therapeutic, and my sadness goes away when I got busy with a picture.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

g'day BD, I think my mood changes alot when I see what I have shot Rolleyes .......

my mood has more to do with pp......and the direction or feel I have for a pic. (well at least I know what I mean) Having said that I do think about that mood or feel when taking the shot.......but that feel/mood can change in the pp

well that was deep for me.........Big GrinBig Grin

If I am to have half a chance of getting a "good" shot I do have to be in the..........

Hmm yes all of the above! As with Irma I will always shoot a piccie if I can and when I can although the quality of my shots and the subject matter seems to relate to my mood. Generally I tend to be quite positive so I seem to take a lot of bright nature type things. I do find photography cheers me up a lot too when I am down.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.