Same Model Different Look

Hey yall , here are some from this weekend ,,,,

Any C/C is welcome......

[Image: _MG_7009%20copy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7023%20copy.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7049%20copy%203.jpg]

......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hi Shawn,

With the first two shots perhaps a little less centred would work better. The top one you could crop the left hand and top sides - but better if you had positioned her on the right hand side of the frame.

The second shot would be better with her over to the left looking into the frame with all of her feet showing - rather than chopping her ankle.

Third one is great except her arm looks so skinny - but that is her.

Canon stuff.

Drake, you sly dog!

Toad Wrote:Drake, you sly dog!
Big Grin Wink

Thanks Yall ,

I see what you are saying WS , i havent done any cropping in these ( except the third one ) . Just some contrast and all that normal stuff . When i get them all color corrected then i will be doing some cropping . Thanks WS ....

Thanks again yall ...... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

What a great opportunity you had taking these pictures Shawn... I like them a lot!!
She looks fantastic!!!

I think Chris gave a very complete critique in this series, nothing to add here.

However this is a general question I've been wondering with some pictures lately. It is about the horizon line in the background. In the first picture the horizon looks not even, probably a tiny detail but to me boders a bit, in the last picture the horizon looks straight and looks perfect, natural. I know that in the first one it might be a little hill in the field but still I think that if it were even would look better.

As I said, all are great pictures, nontheless... Smile
Congrats Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great shots Shawn, wish I had the confidence to work with people.

EnglishBob Wrote:Great shots Shawn, wish I had the confidence to work with people.
My thoughts exactly. I am only comfortable taking photos of people I know well...

She is a beautiful girl and I like your results. The setting is great too.
I imagine it can be a fine line to keep this type of portrait professional and tasteful but you have done very well.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Really like #3, the blurring effect really focuses attention on the girl. Kind of agree with Irma about the horizon in #1. Well done!

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

good job BD in more ways than one........Big Grin like the exposure best on the first shot out of the two colour ones some lost some detail in #2 .......... I really like #3 well done!!

#1 I find ok, horizon or not.
#2 Looks like you are coming at her in a helicopter. I think you should be lower.
#3 Yeah thin arms, maybe the angle. Her right eye is too dark. Select and dodge/ mirror the light?
All fine exposures and good focus. Tongue Tongue

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks for all of the replies . I am glad that yall liked them , i was pleased with the results .

The arm in # 3 , well its a little of both , skinny and the angle that i shot . She is not super thin but that shot does make her look way too thin. I dont know that there is anything i can do about it ( other than a different angle ) LOL ,

Irma , i have been having a hard time with my horizons being " off " unless i use a tripod and can slow down . I dont think that in portraits its as it does in landscapes , there are times where you really tilt the camera ( mainly with head shots ) so the horizon wont be straight at all, although that is not what i was doing . I really do fight with my horizons though and i probably should pay more attention to them .

....... Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Jun 29, 2011, 23:46
Last Post by Wedding Shooter
Oct 25, 2009, 21:29