Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just like the movies...

The other day I'm biking home from school less than three blocks from my house in a nice quiet residential neighbourhood when I come across this....

[Image: P1040020_cr_rz600.jpg]

Well, this can't be good... A quick peek down the sideroad and around a building reveals this...

[Image: P1040016_cr_rz600.jpg]

Well, now I'm sticking around 'cuz this just doesn't happen every day!

A short while later, a loud bang and this...

[Image: P1040054_rz600.jpg]

Hmmm, things are not looking up for whoever's inside! The smoke is, of course, quickly followed by...

[Image: P1040074_cr_rz600.jpg]

Which, thankfully, results in this..

[Image: P1040099_rz600.jpg]

No-one is hurt and everyone goes home happy... well, except for the guy with no shirt on - but he's lucky to still have his HEAD on!

Turns out he was involved in a domestic dispute, refused to come out of his apartment
and had seven guns registered to his name - hence the SWAT team. They recovered two rifles from the apartment which the guy, apparently, had the good sense not to use!!

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Wow how unreal! Guess you were fortunate enough to be at the right place at the right time.... Hey, those are really good photos.... You gonna sell them to the press???

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

OMG Was that Eminem they bought out?

Very cool photos though!

de_axeman Wrote:You gonna sell them to the press???

I thought about that, but it was a dead story before it even hit the papers... Nothing heppened = boring news. It didn't even make the A section of the local paper, let alone the front page!

<><

Ahh well... it's for the best that no one got hurt...

Wouldn't want to profit from the misery of others now, would we? Big Grin

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Wow, awesome shots, Cailean! Would have been exciting to see in real life, I bet...

Did they mind you standing there with a camera, or were you a quite a way off (with your 12x zoom lens)? Smile

A strong dose of real life. Ow it hurts!

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

shuttertalk Wrote:Did they mind you standing there with a camera, or were you a quite a way off (with your 12x zoom lens)? Smile
They didn't mind me taking pictures too much as long as I kept my distance... All of the shots (except the first) were taken at max zoom - and some were cropped after that. Hard to say just how far away I was - couple hundred feet maybe?

<><

counter-strike!

haha! that man has a singlet burnt on him!

Oh wait!! I think someone got away!

[Image: escape.jpg]

gahaha! that's what the smoke is! the exhaust Wink