Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Surrounded by bushfires

Three homes and 2 sheds burnt to the ground at Lemon Tree Passage where Sharon (ABree) lives, the police have closed the one road to the area, hope they are OK. Bushfires at Anna Bay and on the hill behind Tomaree, not far from where we live also on fire. Great start to Summer Sad
These areas all in Port Stephens area on the Tomaree Peninsula, where Sharon & I live. Police think arson.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

wow Pat... just as I started reading this a news article came on TV about the bushfires in NSW. :|

I hope everyone is OK and these fires aren't the start of more to come. Take care.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Hope you are all ok - arsonists really are low life.

Canon stuff.

I am very sorry about all these... I hope there is no more problems in the area.

My thoughts are with you and Sharon's family...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

My thoughts go out to yall , i hope all is well with Abree . Yall stay safe ....

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hi all, thanks for the prayers and concern, but we are ok Smile

The fires did come to about 1km from our house, but the wind was blowing away from us, what a blessing.....

We live on a peninsula with only one main road in and out. The main road was blocked at the end of our street most of the day and re opened about 8pm last night. The house that was lost was on the main road about 3 - 4 kms from us. Another house was damaged but not lost. Most importantly no lives were lost..

I have lived in this area for 33 years (I was a young child when we moved here Big Grin ) Dad was in the fire brigade, I've seen many fires in this area, this was a bad one due to the drought and the fact that arsons were responsible for starting it and 4 others throughout the day.....over 200 Hectares has been burnt....

Now the threat has eased I will try and get photo's after work....

Thanks again
Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Glad you are ok.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post