Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

hi, I'm the new guy here

Hello,

I'm new to this whole photo club thing. I have high aspirations, but little experience. I'm hoping that by joining this I can get some helpful pointers and more particularly some critiques.

Here's some stats about me

Camera system: Nikon D70 with a 24 to 120 mm lense
formal experience: one entry level highschool photography coarse
other experience: 2 years bumping shoulders with the photographers on the college journalism staff. Have been shooting as a hobby for about 5 years.
other info: don't know what you want to know. Ask me and I'll probably give you an answer.

DJ

Hi DJ,

From a newbie to a newbie... welcome aboard. I joined just before you. Where are you located?

Luke.

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

I'm currently in China, though I originate from the Northwest of the U.S.

How has this site been for you? Found anything helpful?

Thanks

D.J.

DJ1234 Wrote:I'm currently in China, though I originate from the Northwest of the U.S.

How has this site been for you? Found anything helpful?

Thanks

D.J.
so far so good. Smile

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

Hi DJ, welcome to Shuttertalk. I'm already impressed with the photos you've posted.

Where are you in China, and how did you end up there?

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew (assignmentator),

Thanks for the compliment. So far I've just posted my best stuff, I haven't posted the 1000's of other shots that aren't so hot. But thanks.

China's a crazy story. I went to take a Spanish coarse in college but they didn't have space. So I decided to take Chinese instead. I liked it and found out later about chances to work as English teachers in China. I took it and have not regretted it.

So, why are you called the assignmentator?

D.J.

Matthew gives us Assignments, in a sub-forum down the page.
Usually Tongue good ideas that'll help you think outside whatever box you might be stuck in.

He used to steal my assignment ideas but has moved past that to come up with fun and unique themes/techniques that'll really broaden your horizons.

Welcome to ShutterTalk.

Keith,

Thanks for the heads-up.

D.J.

DJ, Keith's almost right, but he's close enough. I do post the bi-weekly assignments in one of the other forums here.

I use the term "assignmentator" as a homage to one of our other moderators, who we haven't seen in a while. He's an excellent pet photographer, and calls himself a "pawderator".

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Welcome DJ,

Great to have another person in China here. One of the other posters (Uli) is in China and has posted some great pictures of life there.

Canon stuff.

Welcome welcome!!! Big Grin

Hi DJ
Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Look forward to see your impressions of China through your pictures.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Sorry,

Been away from the computer for a while. Thanks for the messages and the welcomes.

Wedding Shooter- good observation. I know Uli. She introduced me to this site.

Adam, thanks for the welcome.

And Irma, I've already seen some of your work. I especially liked the wedding pics I saw. Good eye. I hope I we can learn from each other.

Thanks again everyone for the welcome. I hope this can mutually beneficial.

D.J.