Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fall Color

Some of our MidSouth fall color. The last shot is a redo of an earlier post, in which I applied my interpretation of some of the suggestions I got in the critique section. I like it better than my original.

[Image: DSC00426m.jpg]

[Image: Shelby%20Forest%202006%20053b_orton2.jpg]

[Image: DSC00197l.jpg]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

You live in a beautiful place Aine.. Smile
I like very much the way you composed your picture in #1.
#2 is also very nice.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Forgive me but I think the first one can be improved by cropping the lawn on the right which adds no value. I think it works better is you crop about 1/4 of the bottom vertcally. I think that color distrotion technique works best when there is no small detail. The leaves look good--impressionistic. But the ducklings swimming on the pond do not.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I think #2 works quite well. The ducks are easily distinguishable. The silhouette of a duck is well known and easily recognizable - thus lending itself very well to an impressionist treatment.

I like the first in preference to the other two.
The second has a dreamy quality somehow but not my style. Ducks are Canada Geese.
The third I like the angle of shot.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I appreciate your comments everyone. I was pretty excited about the second photo myself, because it got a finalist position in a contest I entered awhile back. Even though it didn’t win, I felt happy that it got some recognition out of about 35,000 photos.Smile

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

They are all beautiful and I like the warmer tones in the las tone better than the first post. I also feel "the rock" fits better this time. Perhaps the highlights on the rocks are a little too blown though.

I just love the colour in that second photo.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by plugsnpixels
Dec 14, 2016, 11:47
Last Post by delb0y
Oct 15, 2016, 12:58
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Feb 20, 2016, 22:59