Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Even Newer Highway Photos

From last weekend.
As I said in my last thread about ramps, every time I shoot them I also spot new locations for the next time.
On this big interchange I already have three new places to try in the coming weeks/months--it all depends on the weather because I want partly-cloudy at a minimum with low and high humidity as added factors for different looks, plus the difference between fast clouds on windy nights versus stationary ones. High cirrus is also very different from low clouds that might be lit by city lights.
I use online satellite imaging during the late afternoon, then walk outside every 30 minutes to get a look at my chances for a successful photo trip.

[Image: kak.rampsfeb1.jpg]

[Image: kak.rampsfeb2.jpg]

I really like the first one. The warmth of the lighting with the blues of the sky makes for striking images, but I'm particularly drawn to the geometry of this one. Thanks for including the back-story about the planning to get the elements right.

(and remember that you can move the camera during the dark-frame exposure, just in case you're ever playing in traffic. Big Grin)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post