Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

morphs anew

It's only been a few hours that I came across this thread which I hadn't been paying attention to before.
Upon seeing the pictures I remembered Automaton's earlier post(s?) and as before, couldn't really see their purpose.

My initial respons would have been something along the lines of

"I don't really like the alterations that have been applied to these portraits and I would wonder whether the subjects would be happy about them [now I have to believe Automaton when (s)he sais, the subjects laugh about their new looks]. If any, no. 5 is the closes to interesting for me, I like some of the effects in the skin and around the nose, even if I find them more interesting than beautiful.
I would enjoy seeing these pictures much more if there was any sort of artist's statement, comment on techniques and you relation to the subjects, any background at all. It also doesn't exactly attract critique to just through in a bunch of (very large) pictures without numbering or titeling them."

Now all this has been said, but as I read on through the thread I am baffled by what I see!
What a stirr-up!!
there is some very valuable, serious critique, there are emotional reactions expressed, and even
inter personal conflicts arise...
The longer I read, the more I am waiting for any (substancial) response from the author. And the longer
I can't see one, the more I get the notion of him/her watching people going off on something that was
potentially posted in no other intention than exactly this: causing a stirr up.

Automaton, it is not the fact that your pictures have a potential to come across as unconventional, ugly, insulting (personally I just find them over done, and technically not consistent) discredits you,
but the fact that you do not participate in the discussion.
I will not applaude you for causing such a stirr-up in this genuinely friendly forum, whether it was your intention or not.

As for the rest of us, I agree with much that has been said before. I appreciate the idea of talking about why we take photographs and why we process them the way we do. I do appreciate that there are people here who take their time to comment, I do appreaciate that we are able to be emotional and express our opinions freely around here.

I will certainly welcome anything automaton has to add to describe his/her intentions, emotions, when creating these pictures, now that you have had a chance to observe other members emotions and thoughts.
Otherwise, I don't see why we should anything but ignore someone who rides such an "intrusive" strategy (through in a bomb and watch what happens).

Greetings,

Uli

thanks for all the efforts
your projections amaze me in your critiques

be well
[Image: DSC_2585.jpg]

Toad.

Thanks so much for the analysis you did in these pictures, I learned a lot from your work.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne