Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New member from the West Coast of Canada!

Hello...
I stumbled across this forum, and it seemed like a friendly place, so I figured I would try hanging out for a bit.
I live on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, and my occupation fits with my main hobby, as it allows me to photograph remote and spectacular areas, as well as all sorts of wildlife.
Helimat

Hi, helimat! Welcome to Shuttertalk, I'm glad you've landed here.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Hey helimat... welcome! My parents did a tour of Canada last year - the photos they brought back were spectacular!

Jules

Hi. Nice to see another BC person...

Welcome to ST!

If you don't mind me asking, I am curious to know what your occupation is, which allows you to travel and photograph?

Greetings!

uli

Welcome to Shuttertalk... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Welcome - your occupation sounds interesting. Please share more.

Canon stuff.

wulinka Wrote:Welcome to ST!
If you don't mind me asking, I am curious to know what your occupation is, which allows you to travel and photograph?
Greetings! uli
Well, I am an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, and I work for an helicopter operator that has bases on Vancouver Island as well as the Mid Coast of BC.
We do a variety of work, including fire fighting, tourism, helifishing, and heliskiing. Right now we are in the middle of the busy heliski season, and in fact I am preparing to leave on Friday to go up to our heliski base in order to help out... I suppose I should be packing, but I am messing around on my computer instead! Oh well, as long as my camera gear is ready to go... Big Grin

Here is a quick sample of what my 'office' looks like: Tongue

[Image: _MG_8596.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2875.jpg]

[Image: _MG_5952.jpg]

I am blown away. Great photo's in a tricky environment.
I got too old for flying, but you will know why I miss it.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great points of view that most of us never see - love #2.

All we need is another member form lotus land.

Don from Winnipeg

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Apr 3, 2019, 00:00