Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yellow Warblers

The Yellow warblers are back and as always, very difficult to photograph them. They are small and extremely quick,

Enjoy!

[Image: Kiulve.jpg]

[Image: cseresznye-fan.jpg]

[Image: feszekrakas.jpg]

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Very nicely done...beats me how fast you're managing to be here John.
What lens here please??

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig, I used my EF 100-400 lens for these, Thanx for looking, eh! Wink

they are great, especially teh third one is fantastic.
In the first one I like how the yellow of the leave matches the bird's feathers, well spotted!

Uli

Thanx Uli, I also spotted some very shy and quiet Cedar Waxwing birds the other day, I'll post it later...

John

Your bird photos are always so impressive, but to see that you're getting them with such a short lens -- it's fantastic work.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Matt, You think 400mm is short? Smile Shot these with an EF 100-400 iS L USM lens... Thanx for the comments...

My, that looks a fine lens...I'm convinced the I.S. is such an asset; am assuming these are at f5.6 then?

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Beautiful pictures John. Specially the last one... love the action in that image... Smile

One funny thing that happened the other day was that I saw in my camera that I was in f/40!! I was suprised! Looking at my pictures now I can't find anything with aperture f/40.

The manual says minimum apperture is 32-38 but I don't know why they make this reference...
Data based on EOS models with exposures displayed in ½ stop increments. It varies slightly with the EOS-1V, EOS-1N, EOS-1, and EOS 3.

Anyway this is something I have to try again and see how this data appears in the exif.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma, I think it was f/4.0 and not f/40, so yours probably start at f/3.2 and the smallest is f/38 the way I see it, Hope this helps...

John

Great photos John, they're such beautiful birds!

Yellow Warblers. Being deaf I miss the sound of birds (except my wife Rolleyes) so I usually miss them photowise. You know....a little rustle or tweet, etc. and bingo.
Keep 'em coming.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
May 26, 2016, 20:18
Last Post by cuilin
Jul 24, 2015, 07:44
Last Post by czkid
Apr 2, 2015, 06:25