Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Re-introduction - EnglishBob

Hey Julian and gang,

I am Craig and was once a fixture on this site, unfortunately for the last 18 months one thing after another has kept me very busy. Work mainly. I am English and now live in California. I shoot mainly digital but still fire off the odd roll of film, I am a big fan of Velvia.

I like to shoot mainly wildlife and landscapes. I originally registered here back in Late 2004.

I am going to make an effort to make time to get back here as a regular.

Hey, Craig.
It's always nice to see old members find their way back.
Most of us have disappeared for a month or ten at some point.

Welcome... back! Big Grin

Good to see you again Craig! Hope you've been well... Big Grin

Any interesting trips / vacations / shoots you've been on, or any new gear since we saw you last? Big Grin

Welcome home! It's good to see you again.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I think I have behaved and haven't bought anything during the last year or so.... well apart from a new laptop for mobile processing. Got a Sony Vaio.

[Image: 230446819?%24product%24]

And yes, that is the color! My wife made me do it I swear (we share it).

As for trips, we have been to the Grand Canyon, done the Skywalk they built there and a helicopter ride into the canyon and boat trip along the bottom.

And 2 weeks ago I got back from a 10 day 3800 mile trip through 7 states, 5 national parks and Monument Valley. The images are sat amongst the other 5000 unprocessed images on my HDD.

Most of the photography during the last year has been for paid projects; parts catalogue, real estate sales and a couplke of Ebay projects for other people. I am ready to get back to some photography for me!

Oh, and I have had a couple of things published over the last year, one an article on me for the Photographic Society of America and the other an article on Camera clubs and the importance of a Web presence.

Great seeing you back Craig!
Congratulations on your published work Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Ditto to all; you've been around before my first mouseclick on this site; excellent seeing you around again.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by washington1775
Apr 13, 2017, 07:20
Last Post by caveman
Apr 5, 2016, 09:34