Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Desk Tops

One forum is askking members to show their desk tops. This is my current one. It's fog droplets (flash photo of nothing but air on a foggy night--55-200 mm Nikkor).

[Image: desktopSM.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Mine is the Lodge at Pebble Beach.

[Image: Clip.jpg]

Mine is a long exposure with fire and a skull that I made for Halloween.

[Image: desktop1008.jpg]

Here's mine of my little daughter! By the way, if you want to hide your icons temporarily (I've got a looooot of rubbish on my desktop), right click on the desktop and untick "Show desktop icons".

[Image: 94_desktop.jpg]

Jules, there seems to be something terribly wrong with your iMac.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:Jules, there seems to be something terribly wrong with your iMac.
Haha, good one! How I wish I had my iMac at work... Big Grin
On another note, I've actually kept the standard "warp" OSX wallpaper on my iMac... what's up with that? Big Grin

oh yeah: a couple of shopped photos of stained glass windows in a local abbey and cathedral, along with representatives from my strat dept having a cuddle.
A place for everything and everything not quite in its place! Smile

[Image: desktop%20screenshot.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

My desktop is rather clean compared to everyone else's--and I could even delete the 2 game icons.

Mine right now is a shot I took last fall at the Memphis Botanic Garden.

[Image: 2961949255_3ba6afcdd1.jpg?v=0]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

All the desktop pics are very nice, but the icons ruin them.
Mine is rather sparse for icons with a windows pic. My last one was 'azul' with a dark blue surround.
[Image: Clipboard.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I love your picture NT... Smile

I most of the times have the picture the same size I post here on black background so I don't have problems to see my icons.

I had Cezanne's painting, but when Don started this thread I thought it was time to change it for a bit more seasonal one... Wink

So I have now a landscape I took last year.

[Image: 77_desktop.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma, the pic is one of the windows standard desktop wallpapers. It is called 'Home'
Not one of mine, sorry.
Oh and yours is brill. It reminds me of 'The pastoral symphony'

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

This is mine: Not one of my photos, just something I found online. I think it's of the Oregon coastline. (by the way, www.interfacelift.com = great place for wallpapers)

[Image: Capture%20(1024x640).jpg]

I only keep my most used programs as desktop icons, and all my image-editing programs go in quick launch.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I must be the only person without a photo - instead I have these simple backgrounds with various quotations and thoughts on them.

[Image: sensible.jpg]

But I usually just have to remember what they say, since I have downloaded files and things that I'm saving 'temporarily' taking up most of my screen.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I like a lot the idea of the quotations....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I tend to use patterns and stuff a lot too. I like things that aren't too distracting.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page