Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5D2 plus 135L

I just bought a 135 L 2.0 to add to the 5D2 - wonderful lens. Here is a quick shot of my youngest with the combo.
[Image: Daniel-5D2-Small.jpg]

Canon stuff.

Wow....

When I mentioned the other day that the shot you posted taken with the 70-200L + 5D2 combo reminded me of the look I get from my 135L + 1D3... I was left wondering what the 135L would end up looking like on the 5D2.
And now I can see. Wow.
I can't say enough good things about that lens. I think it's almost impossible to take a bad photo with it - it makes me feel like a fraud when I use it!

Congrats Chris.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I took about 20 photos tonight with the combo and everyone was a favourite.

I always thought I didn't need the lens because I had the 70-200 2.8 IS, but now I realise how amazing this lens is.

It is a natural fit with the 5D2.

Canon stuff.

Really nice,

I had fun with Peter's 135L on 5dII yesterday! Really amazing Smile

Very nice, I would love one of those some day, need to work towards the zooms first though (shouldn't have used Adrian's, got me started on a whole prime lust Big Grin) Big Grin

so.... opinion, please... is the 5D2 really an improvement in IQ compared to the 5D, or are the images just bigger?

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Hey Chris,
great shot! Is the lense heavy?
And me too, I would like to hear more about the 5DMII, how does it feel?
are you going to use the "Old" one still?

uli

Ok- I have to say this after shooting a wedding today with the 5D2. It is simply the most awesome experience I have ever had with a camera.

Almost every shot seems to nail itself and the detail in the files is amazing. The screen is to die for - you can see every little detail and people ooh and ahh when they see their picture on it because they look so crisp.

Anyone want a slightly used 5D?

Canon stuff.

wulinka Wrote:Hey Chris,
great shot! Is the lense heavy?
And me too, I would like to hear more about the 5DMII, how does it feel?
are you going to use the "Old" one still?

uli
Hi Uli,

The lens is really light - not much more than an 85 1.8 or the 100 2.8 Macro.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Ok- I have to say this after shooting a wedding today with the 5D2. It is simply the most awesome experience I have ever had with a camera.

Almost every shot seems to nail itself and the detail in the files is amazing. The screen is to die for - you can see every little detail and people ooh and ahh when they see their picture on it because they look so crisp.

Anyone want a slightly used 5D?
Slightly used 5D.... very tempting! How used is slightly used? May I please know how much,
I am being tempted here, but I know I shouldn't be getting tempted. I shouldn't be looking at gear. I should out be using my gear instead... but still interested to know Big Grin hehe Thanks Chris Smile

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Ok- I have to say this after shooting a wedding today with the 5D2. It is simply the most awesome experience I have ever had with a camera.

I have to agree with you Chris. It is incredible.

I love my 1D3 and the images it produces, but the quality of the 5D2 files beats them easily. You heard that right. The 1D3 certainly has an edge when it comes to usability (particularly burst shooting and AF features), but the 5D2 is still very nice to use - and the images are breathtaking.

Squirl, I've never owned a 5D classic but comparing the 5D2 to the 1D3, I can say that the 5D2 not only doubles the number of pixels but the per-pixel sharpness and detail is as good as or slightly better than the 1D3. Any skepticism I had about the increased resolution disappeared as soon as I started editing the images. 21mp gives a lot more latitude for cropping and editing, and downsampling from a higher resolution reduces the already-excellent noise levels even more. Canon haven't compromised the quality of the pixels to get the 21mp resolution, so as far as I'm concerned there is no down-side. Hard drives are dirt cheap.

Here's a 100% crop from a fun photo I took tonight (using the 5D2 + EF 135mm f/2L combo Chris used at the start of the thread). You can see more from this series in This Thread. This photo was shot in RAW using the "standard" picture style and then converted using DPP with the default settings (sharpening=3/10, noise reduction=0). This is how it looks straight out of the camera.
[Image: IMG_1409_Crop.jpg]

Adrian Broughton

Hi Adam - about 20,000 photos taken on the 5D and looking at around $1800 AU.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris!

Adrian makes me want a 5d2 instead now.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

adam Wrote:Thanks Chris!

Adrian makes me want a 5d2 instead now.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Oops! Sorry Chris, didn't mean to scare away a potential customer!

Don't listen to my earlier comments Adam... the 5D Mk2 is rubbish! Read the forums and you'll find it it produces nothing but massive black dots in every shot and it can't focus to save itself. I can take images from my old Kodak DC215 (1 megapixel compact camera) and use this amazing new technology called "digital zoom" on the computer to get them up to 21 megapixels, which is just as good as a 5D Mk2. Big GrinBig Grin

Adrian Broughton

Lol!

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:I just bought a 135 L 2.0 to add to the 5D2 - wonderful lens. Here is a quick shot of my youngest with the combo.
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...-Small.jpg
I can't talk about technical way but you caught so beautifully, so lovely smiling face, usually it is not easy to take their photos, isn't? But you got a wonderful composition, well done, Blessing and Happiness,

Thank you,
Love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams