Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Canon Gear Announced - Canon 7D, Lenses

If you haven't already seen, Canon has announced a slew of new gear, including a new high end Digital SLR to sit between the 5D and the 50D. The Canon 7D is very similar to the 50D but has some major components tweaked and upgraded including a 18 mp APS-C (ho hum megapixel race) sensor, 100% coverage 1.0x magnification viewfinder, 1080P video recording (at 30 fps) and wireless flash control via the onboard flash.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/090901...neos7d.asp

A new kit lens has been announced to go along with the 7D - the 15-85 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM which has a very useful range (24-135mm equiv) and the benefit of image stabilisation. There's also a new 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS which is very similar to the Nikon version in terms of build quality and price but this one has the benefit of IS.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/090901...m135mm.asp

There's also a new 100mm f/2.8 L macro - for enthusiasts only. Big Grin
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/090901...mmacro.asp

It's good that Canon are releasing new hardware but seeing that this is not a replacement for a 50D but going to sell along side it - I just think that maybe they (and everyone else) is saturating their lineup with too many models. I mean does it differentiate itself enough from the 50D to warrant another segment? Already there are people debating the difference between the 500D and the 50D. And don't get me started with the Nikon D5000 and D3000...

But anyway, that's just me... Big Grin

Thank you, for all these news about Canon lenses.
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Looks great!

I want one of each.

The wife didn't say NO, she just started laughing.

Can't risk a divorce....Oh, Well.

enviroguy Wrote:Looks great!

I want one of each.

The wife didn't say NO, she just started laughing.

Can't risk a divorce....Oh, Well.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

When everyone has a Canon or Nikon DSLR Then they have to sell something to keep in business. It's not going to be do-nuts is it? Rolleyes
It is just a way of making money. :|

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I would only take the macro lens... that is a beauty! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The macro looks lovely. I wold also like the remote flash control on my 5D2 - hoping they release a 3D with this feature.

Canon stuff.

Hello Shuttertalk,
I just gone through link,i like the Canon models its features,lens,body etc i like each and every things,well i think it is the well made product by the Canon and i really appreciated your work regarding your new model.Definitely i just forward complete details to my friends.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post