Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon, the Toyota of the Camera Industry?

These reviews are written by people who get their cars and cameras as perks of the job. If they had to purchase them from their own nest egg then the reviews would be different.

In the 70's I first became aware of a Toyota car (Corolla 4 door hatchback) in a price bracket that was just out of my comfort zone. I thought it was fantastic. I eventually persuaded my boss that I would like one and was rewarded for my sales efforts. I have had a few over the years (all new and provided by the company) Otherwise I would have had a Yugo or similar. I never hankered after a Ferrari or Lamborghini. (Maybe in the depth of my reasoning, as I purchased a Scalectrix one. Big Grin ) I was brought up with the idea that if you could not afford it then do not covet it. I think it has held me in good staid.

Regarding lenses, while using my Rebel and Tamron 70-300 combo recently, I was told that was an impressive lens. Blush Almost made me feel like Pavel. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post