Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My recent work...

I've been guilty of watching the site without contributing lately so here's an update...

More recently I've been into a combination of techniques including wide angle, night photography, black and white, hdr (limited use) and long exposure.
Heres a few of my efforts.

All taken with Canon 50D - Sigma 10-20mm. I really enjoy using the wide angle lens but its easy to over do it.

1. (with a heavy crop)
[Image: IMG_3524-edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3683-edit-bw.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3697-edit-bw.jpg]

4 (some colour!)
[Image: IMG_3990-final.jpg]

All comments welcome - Feel free to give any constructive feedback / advice.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I, too, have a Sigma 10-20 mm lens for my Canon. I find I use it only 10% of the time, although it can make spectactular images. ( I'm probably just too lazy to mount the lens. I'll be going on vacation soon and plan to take 2 bodies, each with a different lens, to avoid that dilemma).
I think the secret to using the ultrawide is to place some object of interest in the near foreground. Obviously, you have learned this to make your photos effective. I do like the monochrome conversions. Nice work with all!

Regards.....Dennis

Neat shots. I sold the 10-20 when I bought the fisheye. But you really use it well.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Love them all Smarti. 2 and 4 are brilliant.

Canon stuff.

Thanks everyone.

Dennis - I know what you mean about changing lenses. I normally have three lenses with me everywhere I go but rarely use more than one lens at any location... It is laziness but also not wanting to get dust in the camera. Having two bodies would be great.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

They are both nice shots! Have an artistic spirit, I loved them, but my favurite one is number 4, the colours hit me.
Thanks and Love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

This is some really great stuff! Love the use of the frame in 1. 4 has a futuristic feel to it. Nicely done!

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I love night photography in bw. I find it very challenging... You did really well in all of them... Smile
Great to see your recent work... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Superbly wonderful images Smarti... each one really stands out on its own. I really like how you've created a strong point of interest in #2 and #3 - makes it work really well.

#4 is my favourite - could easily be a wallpaper or something. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post